Captcha plugin not set or not found J2.5.1

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 2 months ago #40201

Hello,

I was getting the following error when using the reCaptcha plug-in for the joomla user registration page. I get the following error even though the reCaptcha text box is displayed .

Captcha plugin not set or not found. Please contact a site administrator

This is followed by a fatal error when I complete the registration form, the reCaptcha and submit.

Fatal error: Call to a member function checkAnswer() on a non-object in /html/erielack/test-dev/joomla/libraries/cms/form/rule/captcha.php on line 47

I had the J 2.5 reCaptcha plug selected in the global configuration but I had the plugin unpublished. I just set it to not selected in the global configuration and published both the Joomla and HikaShop captcha plugs. This cleared the error and it appears captcha is now working. Is this the correct configuration?

Thank you,

Paul Cappelloni

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by ELHS. Reason: No a Bug and may have figured it out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
12 years 2 months ago #40404

Hi,

Indeed, if you use HikaShop's captcha plugin, you should deactivate joomla 2.5's captcha options.

11 years 8 months ago #62288

I am revisiting this topic as the fix I thought I had actually is working. I have had customers complaining that they captcha challenge is not working as no answers is correct. Since I have the Joomla 2.5 catpcha and the Re-captcha on forms enabled I thinking I have the captcha challenges stacked one on the other or they are cancelling each other out. The only places where the captcha is working are on the contact and in the HikaShop product information request forms.

Is there a way to get the Re-captcha on forms plug-in registered under the captcha category rather having it under the system category? Would this then allow it to be set as the default captcha which should then remove the captcha not set error?

Thank you,

Paul

11 years 8 months ago #62415

No, that's not that simple. You would have to change the whole code of the plugin to integrate it with joomla's recaptcha system.

The simplest is to use only hikashop's recaptcha which will be displayed on joomla registration form, on joomla contact form, on hikashop contact form and in the checkout.

11 years 8 months ago #62462

Nicoles,

I understand that I need to use the Hikashop Recaptcha plugin and that is what I have done in my test environment however I still get a captcha not set error as pictured below.

By the way, I am running Joomla 2.5.6 and HikaShop 1.5.8 now.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by ELHS. Reason: Annotation

11 years 8 months ago #62469

That error doesn't come from HikaShop.

It comes from the Captcha library of Joomla 2.5. It means that you still have some captcha stuff turned on in Joomla:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=628&t=715047

11 years 8 months ago #62534

Nicolas,

The last post in the forum thread solved the problem. I did not realize there were several locations in Joomla 2.5 to setup the system captcha. I selected "Not selected" in the Global Configuration, User Manager options, and Contact options forms tab and it is now working. You may want to add this bit to the HikaShop captcha configuration documentation.

Thank you,

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: David54

10 years 10 months ago #107767

Hi Nicolas

I have installed a reCaptcha as per HikaShop's Support Notes at www.hikashop.com/en/support/72-hikashop-...-with-recaptcha.html

To cut a long and currently unfinished story short, reCaptcha is working fine in some places, but is missing from the HikaShop Online Shop "Registration Form" menu (index.php/hikashop-menu-for-hikashop-registration).

I am still trawling the support pages for clues and found the current thread. Can I add my vote to Paul's request to update the reCaptcha support notes, please?

Thanks
David

10 years 10 months ago #107877

Hi,

The support notes for the recaptcha plugin is up to date.

By default, there is no joomla captcha plugin turned on so there is nothing to change in joomla. You just have to install and configure the HikaShop recaptcha as explained and that will work.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 1 month ago #233943

Sorry recaptcha works everywhere except hikashop!!!!!!!!! Present in (Forgot password) (Forgotten login) only in the menu hikashop registration no. Why? Where in hikashop to configure to connect to recaptcha? Thanks in advance sincerely konuzelev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Извините recaptcha везде работает кроме hikashop!!!!!!!!! Присутствует в (Забыли пароль) присутствует (Забыли логин) только в меню регистрации hikashop нет. Почему? Где в hikashop настроить подключить recaptcha? Заранее спасибо с уважением konuzelev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:

8 years 1 month ago #233946

Hi,

The Joomla Captcha plugin isn't made to work with HikaShop.
Please use the ReCaptcha plugin we provide on our website:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...-with-recaptcha.html

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds