checkout url

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 1 month ago #44015

Hi Nicolas,

Why when I create a menu item called 'checkout' to refer to the checkout does Hika shop also add a /checkout to the end of it.

I get this:

https://website/index.php/path/checkout/checkout

Can I remove one of the 'checkouts'?

Thanks,

Mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
12 years 1 month ago #44209

The first one is the alias of the menu which is added by Joomla.
The second one is the value of the "ctrl" parameter used by HikaShop in order to identify the page.
It would be theoretically possible to have only the Joomla menu alias and guess back the page based on the menu in that case but that would require the development of that.

11 years 2 months ago #91842

Hi Nicolas,

Is there an update on this question?

Is everyone using hikashop having the url https://website/index.php/path/checkout/checkout ?

Thanks,

Mat

11 years 2 months ago #92055

No. Simply create a menu item of the type hikashop checkout via the joomla menu manager and select it in the "force a menu on checkout" option of the configuration so that it is used by the checkout.

11 years 2 weeks ago #99456

So I unpublished my menu called checkout and the component still works ... so I guess that means that your component hardcodes the sef url checkout (which i would rather it did not as then I don't control the name .. anyway ....)?

i still get the checkout/checkout issue in my url ... and I just don't understand what I am meant to do about it.

I also wonder about the 'force a menu on checkout' option and specifically how can i change the menu in code and thereby have different layouts for different purposes?

11 years 2 weeks ago #99579

Our component does not hard code anything.
Joomla uses the current menu's alias for the path of the URL. Setting that "force a menu on checkout" option allows you to tell joomla which menu to use to display the checkout and thus which alias should be used for the SEFed URL.
So create a menu item of the type checkout and select it there and that should do what you want as I already advised in my previous message.

The current menu item can be changed in the code :
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=757010
It has nothing to do with HikaShop though.

10 years 11 months ago #107543

No. Simply create a menu item of the type hikashop checkout via the joomla menu manager and select it in the "force a menu on checkout" option of the configuration so that it is used by the checkout.

Sadly this doesn't help.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 10 months ago #107603

Hi,

In the url the menu name is required and the controller name too.
I don't really see any solution to remove one of the "checkout" but some custom code, or change the menu name.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds