How to "Multiple languages"

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
12 years 1 month ago #45007

As I understand we need Joomfish for multilanguage purposes. However, as far as I can see Joomfish is NOT available for Joomla 2.5.

How can I now use multiple languages?

I'm far in implementing hikashop and I bought the premium version. However now I see it IS NOT possible to make my clients shop multilanguage. And that was an important feature he needs.

I'll keep on trying!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
12 years 1 month ago #45011

Hi,

On Joomla 2.5 the extension you need to use instead of JoomFish is called Falang. It's a port of JoomFish on 2.5 so it works the same:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/languag...ingual-content/18210
Once installed on your website, Make sure that you install the latest version of HikaShop again so that the install process will add the integration with Falang automatically.

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
12 years 1 month ago #45127

Thanks for this solution.

However, my webshop is already filled. Do you mean by installing hikashop again, I can install it over the existing installation so I won't loose any data I already have added?

I'll keep on trying!

12 years 1 month ago #45132

Yes, exactly. You won't loose your data.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #58110

What about all the customizations that we did? It will all be deleted when I install HikaShop again..
Can't I just add the FALANG components manually into the installation of HikeShop?

11 years 9 months ago #58112

If you customize HikaShop via the interface as we always recommend, you won't loose them either.
If however you had modified HikaShop directly in the files via FTP, you will indeed have to backup your modifications before updating and restore your changes after it.
In any case, for any extension you install or update, you should do a backup before, just in case.

Also, if you don't want to install just for the falang integration, you can copy the files from the folder administrator/components/com_hikashop/falang to administrator/components/com_falang/contentelements and it should then work.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds