RESOLVED: Inventory Management with HikaShop

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 11 months ago #50812

Hi all,

Does anyone use HikaShop [or any ecommerce component for that matter] for inventory control? I like the products variants tables created by HS and I expected that there might be easy ways or quick links to this data with ways to print the tables or better yet export them in form friendly to excel, database, etc. Are these functions available in HikaShop or am I missing them?

Related Question:

Will HikaShop automatically update product quantities upon the sale of an item?

And Wish List:

Since we will be selling same inventory in our physical shop and eshop I will need to physically update website inventories after store sales. I would like a way to update these product quantities [inventory] directly from variants home page which would be much quicker than having to open each variant, change quantity, etc. Also it would be beneficial if title of page was "variants - Product ABC". Lastly would be helpful to have a filter on this page so you could quickly pull up all products of a certain color,size, or other characteristic to update them easily instead of having to hunt them down in entire variants table... say for example I want to remove from inventory a particular color of shoe model....so I have to hunt down each variant in a table of say 500 variants [my first test product had over 2000!] It would be great to filter the variants by that color to find the ones I need to delete quickly.... I think this could be easy to add as the filters already exist in joomla.

Thanks

Scott

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by scottshort. Reason: RESOLVED

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 11 months ago #50870

You can export products data to CSV via the "export" button on products listings.

You can display inventory of your products and variants on the products listing by changing the filters on the right to display all the sub elements, all the types of products and maybe order by the quantity column if you want.

Quantities are updated automatically, yes.

Thank you for your proposal. We already have some of these points in our todo list for the future. They are good ideas!

11 years 11 months ago #50891

Thanks Nicolas,

I see the export button on the Products Listing page and I already dumped some data in to excel successfully.

I see how the filters work on this page so you can add variants as well. However, you still can not see each variant's characteristics [eg. Variant #6: size 36, color blue, price $50, quantity 5] from this page, you still must go the 'manage variants' page from within the product page. This is the data that I really want to export.. Please be sure to add this to your to do list, thanks!

OK quantities updated automatically, great.

Thanks again, feel free to respond again here if you have something to add - but not necessary. Regardless, i consider my initial issue resolved for now.

Regards

Scott

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 11 months ago #50997

If you export the variants, you will get all the data of the variants, including the characteristic value, even if it's not displayed on the listing.

11 years 11 months ago #51089

Great, I will try a test and check out the results

thanks Nicolas,

Scott

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds