Multilanguage sites.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #55815

Hi to all,
I'm still experiencing some problems about create and manage Joomla multilingual site, due to JoomFish delays in new releases.
I know that HikaShop now support Falang as multilingual tool.
Falang actual main problem is that only one language is view by search engine, killing any pro SEO.
Asking about this to Falang gives as answer to install JoomSEF, one tentacular SEF programs that always dance with the stability of your entire site (expecially added to a big and structured add-on like HikaShop).

Anyone of you know or imagine to use another tool called Josetta to accomplish this task?
I try to use it on a only Joomla website and it's a good extension.
You can find the extension here: http://anything-digital.com/josetta/the-translation-manager-for-joomla.html

Thank you in advance for your answers and ideas.

Francesco Garganese
Aeromnia Srl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 10 months ago #55865

Josetta and Falang don't have the same goals.
Falang allows extensions to easily handle multilingual support as well as provides an interface for the translations.
Josetta only provides the interface. That means that the extension has to handle itself the multilingual support.

So if we want to use Josetta, we need to have multilingual support in HikaShop. At that point, you don't even need josetta since you would be able to handle translations directly in HikaShop (we already have the interface for that for Falang and Joomfish).

• Thank you received: 12
11 years 8 months ago #61562

Hello Nicolas,

I can bounce off the conversation by asking me if I want to use Josetta (this is not certain, between wonder and Josetta Falang), with rotten I HikaShop?

Thank you for your response

cordially

PS: abusing you advise me what solution?

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by fafamaster.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 8 months ago #61563

Bonjour,

Merci de soit poster en anglais, soit d'ouvrir un nouveau message dans le forum français avec un lien vers le sujet en anglais à l'avenir pour plus de lisibilité.

HikaShop est compatible de base avec Falang. Il n'y a pas de compatibilité avec Josetta car cela nécessiterait pas mal de travail.

Donc si vous voulez du multi langue avec HikaShop, je vous conseille Falang.

The following user(s) said Thank You: fafamaster

• Thank you received: 12
11 years 8 months ago #61564

It's OK ,

thank you !

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds