About Template

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #60491

I want to know about hikashop tempalte. I a building a site with hikashop business. I tried to use rocket theme. But there are many problem to adust everything. I want to get template of hikashop. I am requesting you to give me information to get free or to purchase the hikashop template. Where can I get of buy hikashop template for Joomla 2.5?

And give us some link of website where hikashop has been used.

Thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 8 months ago #60509

HikaShop works with any Joomla template. However, the RocketTheme templates use a lot of javascript in order to be flexible and display cool effect. The downside is that it often breaks the HTML/javascript of other extensions.

Here are templates made specifically for HikaShop by JVTemplates:
www.vjtemplates.com/hikashop-templates/all-categories

JoomSpirit uses HikaShop on their website and most of their templates don't use any javascript so there is no conflict possible. So I would recommend that you give a try to their templates:
www.joomspirit.com/free-joomla-templates.html

Finally, artisteer templates works pretty well with HikaShop and you can easily create your templates with it:
www.artisteer.com/

Here is a section of our forum where everyone is welcome to showcase his website:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/8-showcase.html
You'll find plenty of websites using HikaShop.

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 6 months ago #71084

Do you have Nicolas more ideas about template producers except JoomSpirit and Vjtemplates?
I mean producers whose templates are advisable to combine with Hika in terms of site performance.

Thank you!

11 years 6 months ago #71389

Except RT templates, we didn't had any feedback concerning issues with joomla templates.
If you want a template with good performances, the best is to avoid templates with loads of javascript.
Artisteer templates are usually pretty good on that end and the designs are unlimited. Did you look at that option ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Batas

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 6 months ago #71697

appreciate your answer!

I've focused on a couple of templates:
www.bonusthemes.com/component/estore/?view=item&id=47
and maybe that one:
www.bestofjoomla.com/component/option,co...l/Itemid,46/id,4852/

As they are with VirtueMart, I definitely gonna change them with Hika Essential or Business. So here I have a question - will they go smoothly with Hika?
I'm amateur, no knowledge about Java or smth like this, so please understand my worries.. :)

thanx!

11 years 6 months ago #71700

Any joomla template will work with HikaShop, even "VM optimized" templates.

However, the customization which is done by the template on VM views, like for example the colors on the - and + buttons won't be on the HikaShop views as the CSS to do that would be a bit different. But apart from such customization things, you should not have any problem.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Batas

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #93791

Nicolas,

I also am curious about this. As you know, I (our web design firm) have struggled to adapt hikashop to joomla templates for clients who have mixed e-commerce and general information sites (where typical joomla templates are appropriate), but with your help, we are getting it done.

If we can get everything ironed out and working right, we have a couple more clients who are running e-commerce-only sites with ZenCart. Now that we understand joomla and hikashop a bit better (FAR from what we need to know!), we would like to consider changing those sites over. However, there appears to be a lack of ready-to-go hikashop templates to use. I've looked at your links and done searches, but don't really find pro level templates yet.

On the other hand, there are many, many templates ready to go for virtuemart such as this one at www.templatemonster.com/virtuemart-templates/42144.html

Not being coders, will we find it difficult to pull out the virtuemart components and instal the hikashop stuff on a template like that? I would really like to stick with hikashop now that we are learning it. Don't really want to have to learn and support 2 systems, but our clients do demand pro level designs for the sites. We spent a lot of years learning to work with osCommerce, then Zen Cart, so now we are trying to learn a new one and make that our standard install.

Your thoughts appreciated.

11 years 1 month ago #93797

Hi,

As I said, HikaShop can work with any Joomla template. Now, if you want the HikaShop views to be adapted to the template can can require additional CSS work. The styles pack that we propose can already help.
If you want templates optimized for HikaShop "ready to go", you can either pick from the small pool of templates available for that, or ask template developers about that. The more people ask them about that, the more they will publish such templates. Of course there are more template optimized for VM since VM has been around long before HikaShop.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds