1.5.8 to 1.6.0 Product Pictures stopped working

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #62696

Another update failure.

Going from 1.5.8 to 1.6.0 all product pictures stopped working (got an invalid picture Icon).

Had to fall back and restore my site.

Lost some users and orders in history.

Very Annoying!

I SUGGEST PULLING THE UPDATE UNTIL YOU CAN RESOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS BEING REPORTED. :ohmy:

Regards,
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 7 months ago #62743

Hi Bill,

Were you using a specific template or did you edited your views? The problem may come from here.
Once you edited a vew, Hikashop does not erase in order to keep your customizations efficient.
However, in this case, your view isn't update with the last modifications we made.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 7 months ago #62746

Hi,

We won't pull the update.
You're the first one with an image display issue after the update.
It must be something quite specific.

We would need more information to help you. Could you do a copy of your website in a subfolder or another domain and update HikaShop and give us a link to it so that we can look at the issue ?

11 years 7 months ago #62858

Thanks for your quick response.

I'm using template JA-Purity II.

I did edit a minor view setting, but I don't have my notes handy as to what that was. I don't believe it had anything to do with the photos.

Fortunately when I restored our site, I did it to a new directory and kept a URL to the updated version with the problem live. You can access it at:
http://old2.marymackdesigns.com/

Regards,
Bill

11 years 7 months ago #62895

We did a new build of the release which should fix all the image related issues. Can you download it again from our website and install it on your copy to see if that fixes it for you too ?

11 years 7 months ago #62909

No, sorry, that didn't fix it. I uploaded your new version and the pictures still don't show.
the "old2.marymackdesigns.com" url is still active and shows that result. That's now my testbed for checking out your updates. I'm still live with your old version on my restored copy.

Thank you for your effort, but as of right now, no joy.

Regards,
Bill Finkelstein

11 years 7 months ago #63039

From what I can see the problem is that the access rights on the images or the folders where they are stores doesn't allow HikaShop to create them.
See for example this URL:
old2.marymackdesigns.com/images/store/th...00/2046_51702136.jpg
You should check the access rights in the folder images/store and images/store/thumbnail_200x200 and that should solve the problem automatically.

11 years 7 months ago #63045

That's really strange. I changed all the file and directory permissions on the production www. website and they are the same as the file and directory permissions on the old2. website.

Just to be sure, I set the permissions for the Store images and directories to 0777 but the 403 Forbidden error still occurs.

This started right when I installed your original update. I also checked the operational version at www. (not old2.) and it does not display this problem.

for example:
www.marymackdesigns.com/images/store/1090.jpg works
old2.marymackdesigns.com/images/store/1090.jpg does not work.

I didn't make any other changes to the site other than installing your update, when this problem started.

Any idea what caused this or how to fix it?

Thank you for looking into this.

Regards,
Bill Finkelstein

11 years 7 months ago #63046

I'm having this problem too... right after upgrade. The images don't show up in the products, until after save, and then they don't show up at all in checkout.
Shane

Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #63047

Can you clarify where to check these permissions?

11 years 7 months ago #63048

That's normal that the problem occurs with the new version.
We have improved HikaShop thumbnail creation process and because of that all thumbnails have to be recreated.
That's done automatically by HikaShop. But on your website, HikaShop apparently don't have the access rights to do that. Because of that, the images don't display anymore.

You might want to check the access rights of these folders/files with your hosting company.

11 years 7 months ago #63049

With the default configuration the images are stored in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload and in the subfolders for the thumbnails.

11 years 7 months ago #63053

Nicolas - for what it's worth - I did change the folder for all the images and thumbnails to images/store/ Don't know if that makes a difference or not to this problem. I wouldn't think so. Regards, Bill

11 years 7 months ago #63055

Thanks for the reply. OK, I'm still not getting something.
I've gone into:
media/com_hikashop/upload
I already had 755 on all folders and 644 on all files. I believe this is what it's supposed to be.
Just for fun, I set folders to 777. Went to the product, deleted the images, uploaded a new one, and still no image appears. When I hit apply, it shows up. But on checkout, the image still shows as missing. I can click the missing image and the full size image appears.

Here is the product in question:
www.windowfanz.com/index.php?option=com_...niversity&Itemid=222

thanks
Shane

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 7 months ago #63056

We're having the same problem from 1.5.9 to 1.6.0.

This is Hika as I'm using DJ-ImageSlider for products and there is no change there using images.

11 years 7 months ago #63062

OK,
So just to confirm.

I manually set the permissions on the entire upload folder to 777 for all folders, and 644 for files.
I have confirmed that my missing image should be stored here:

www.windowfanz.com/media/com_hikashop/up...uarter_596989375.jpg

The folder permissions are 777

I then deleted all my pictures for that product, and uploaded new ones. Same behavior. The picture doesn't show up until I hit apply. The picture is listed as missing and should have been created at the above path:
www.windowfanz.com/media/com_hikashop/up...uarter_596989375.jpg

it didn't get created despite having 777 on that folder. As a stop gap, I manually uploaded the image to that folder and now the image shows up at checkout, but, it is clear the automated thumbnail generation is now broken on 1.6.0 So it cannot, in my view be a permissions issue. It's more like the thumbnail generation script is broken
thanks
shane

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 7 months ago #63066

I'm getting an error on my product view when you click the image on the product description page.

mtangelcv.com/index.php?option=com_hikas...ar-butter&Itemid=265

I have set all permissions as discussed above. I cannot role back to 1.5.9 as it seems the "view" files somehow did get affected.

Thanks!

UPDATE
My PNG images display fine. It's the JPGs that I'm having trouble with.

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by FRMYR.

11 years 7 months ago #63122

PNG and JPG files are converted in the same way.
I don't see why it would work for some and not for others.
Maybe the size of the images is different and that explains why it works for not an not others ?

Since several of you have the problem, there must indeed by a specific issue which only happens in some conditions that we are not able to reproduce on our end.

We would need a back end and FTP access to reproduce the problem as we can't reproduce it on our end.
It would help if you could provide that via our contact form (with a link to this thread):
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html

11 years 7 months ago #63142

Thank you nicolas - I sent you an admin level userid and password for our site having the problems. Let me know if you need super user.

Regards,
Bill

p.s. We didn't talk about what version of Joomla we're on in the past. May be relevant. It's the latest: 2.5.6

11 years 7 months ago #63603

Hi,

The images on bigchumpy's website seems fine as far as we could see.

For Bill Finkelstein's website, there is definitely an access right issue. Even the media manager of Joomla cannot display the images. We would have required a FTP account in order to look at the permissions of the images.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds