PayPal sandbox payment NOT returning PAID status.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 8 months ago #64477

I have cleared my PayPal cookies and even created a new buyer but when I go from my site to PayPal, login, approve payment, and return to my site, two things happen:

1) PayPal sandbox account is debited
2) Hikashop order is created BUT NOT paid for.

I love that my customer can keep debiting but at some point I need a return code back from PayPal to register.

I have turned off the RETURN METHOD and turned it on.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13093
11 years 8 months ago #64573

If the orders are not confirmed it comes from one of these possibilities, so please check each one:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification
Also, sometimes, the sandbox accounts are not configured properly and because of that the notification is not sent. In that case, you would have to contact the paypal sandbox support.

11 years 8 months ago #64583

Yep, I just read that. I think it's my HTACCESS but now my site is hosed so I'm reinstalling everything. Glad I'm not live yet but I'm scrambling...in 4 days.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #64640

One thing that is not in the list is the absence of the mod_ssl module your webserver. Not all hosting accounts have mod_ssl installed by default anymore.

You should be able to get some more info in your PHP logs, for example if it is mod_ssl:

[04-Jun-2012 13:05:09 UTC] PHP Warning: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to ssl://www.sandbox.paypal.com:443 (Unable to find the socket transport &quot;ssl&quot; - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?) in /home/public_html/plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php on line 264

• Thank you received: 13093
11 years 8 months ago #64668

If that is caused by SSL missing, you will get a payment notification email telling you that HikaShop could not connect to paypal with a link to that documentation:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...rror.html#connection
which already says that the SSL should be activated on your server.

Apparently, that user didn't get any notification email so I don't think that it comes from that.

11 years 8 months ago #64763

There were a lot of issues. I do know that the last time it worked solidly for me was 1.5.9, so I'm starting from there with a better understanding of htaccess and php.ini.

Thanks for your input. That last one about the opensocket related to the php.ini.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds