Help? I am drowning over here

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #65373

Okay, I have played around with this thing long enough and I am sooo not getting it guys. I even brought the styles and it made everything worse! Is there someone around that can help me? I am trying to create a store of stock images to be exact, later I want to add 3d models to sell. I need a free section and a shop section with categories.

So I added the categories product category > Free stuff > Wardrobe stock and I actually got a free gown up. To be honest I have no clue how I freakin did it. I've been playing around with lots of settings and I do not know what I did to get it that way.

I have a 3rd party template that i have installed and when I installed the style that I got from here it messed everything up. When I try to change it back to default I have some things missing now. It took me 3 days to get that template to work.

Now on my homepage I have two listings of Free Stuff. One with categories and one without. I have uninstalled joomla like 6 times in the past 3 days. I have deleted my databases too in this time. I do not remember joomla being this hard to run. lols I am at my wits end I have combed this site and youtube trying to learn hikashop. The documentation about hikashop has gave me a headache.

I understand how to create categories and products. I am just stuck on getting them to show up on the front end. I think you have to create a module but its very confusing. Is there a video tutorial that tells you how to setup hikashop to display on the front end? I know there is a tut in the documentation, I have tried to follow it but have come up lost. So, now I am in a panic mode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
11 years 7 months ago #65414

Hi,

I've sent you a PM.

But the support here is great and I am sure you will get some good responses here. It's really easy once you know which buttons to press.

You need to break down your problems to distinct "how to" questions - your troubles are all a bit wide ranging at the moment.

As I said in the PM - more than happy to look at the site for you.

Tony

The following user(s) said Thank You: Artress

11 years 7 months ago #65479

tony@10uk.net wrote: Hi,

I've sent you a PM.

But the support here is great and I am sure you will get some good responses here. It's really easy once you know which buttons to press.

You need to break down your problems to distinct "how to" questions - your troubles are all a bit wide ranging at the moment.

As I said in the PM - more than happy to look at the site for you.

Tony

Hello Tony

Thanks for replying. I sent you a PM back. I guess the first thing is what do you do after you have configured hikashop? Create categories?

11 years 7 months ago #65495

nevermind I got it yaaaay :lol:

11 years 7 months ago #67808

Hello Tony,
I am a newby in Hikashop. I have the same problem. What i want is this. A website, see www.kreidlerklaas.nl . On the menu line a button that goes to a seperated webshop. I like the style from the demoshop from Hikashop. Is this possible? Can you tell my how to do that ?

Kindly regards,
Chris

11 years 7 months ago #67811

Those bikes look great :-). Nice site.

To have a separate webshop is very common. You often see sites that link to "the shop".

So set up a new page called Shop from your main site, and on that page you configure all the menus and modules for your shop. Just use Joomlas features as to what appears and does not - that's so easy. You suggest you want an entirely new template for your shop but keep it under your main domain name. Joomla is great! Hikashop is too!

For the styling, you need to ask the Hikashop guys whether you can take their style. I have no idea if they developed a template from the ground up, or bought a template. It would be very wrong to simply take the style without understanding the copyright. I'm not a fan of templates; I like artisteer where you can create something unique, but that has limitations too and needs post work.

If you really like the demo site, send Nicholas a PM and see what he says. Presentation is very different from content.

Tony

The following user(s) said Thank You: chrver

11 years 7 months ago #67816

Great Tony.
That are answers!
Is it also possible to install a second joomla with only Hikashop modules etc?
On the original site a link to the other.How i send a PM and how can i reach Nocholas?
Thanks for your great help.
Chris

11 years 7 months ago #67844

Yes you could have two Joomla installs each with its own root. But why would you want to? Double the admin burden. And maybe you'd want "search" to be across both sites - not sure how you would do that. I can't think of a reason to have an entirely separate site for the shop unless its for loading reasons maybe? Or an entirely different domain?

If Nicolas hasn't noticed this thread, send him a PM (top right of screen) with to address of "Nicolas" re the template.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 7 months ago #67935

Hi,

You can freely use the template on our demo website. It's a custom made template that we made ourselves for the demo website.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 6 months ago #67957

Just went to have a look at that site, www.kreidlerklaas.nl and it has been hacked (Turkish hacker). They got one of mine last week :(

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Smiler.

11 years 6 months ago #67958

How can you tell? Looks OK to me?

11 years 6 months ago #67959

My website was defaced. I replaced a backup just 10 minutes ago. Thanks for your attention

11 years 6 months ago #67967

Thanks Tony. I know now what you mean. I let you know when i'm ready.
Regards,
Chris

11 years 6 months ago #71405

Hi Nicolas,
Where can I download de files for de demo template. I want to pay for it if you want.
Regards
Chris

11 years 6 months ago #71528

Hi,

We can provide that to you if you have the Business edition. In that case, just use our contact form to request it and we'll get back to you.

11 years 5 months ago #73835

Hi Nicolas,
I bought the business edtion and i have the demo pack now.
How can i integrate this style or template in the joomla website www.kreidlerklaas.nl . I like the shop as it is in the demo-pack. So what i want is this. Keep the website as it is. Add a button into the menu like webshop. When i click on that it goes to de hikashop with a different template as in the demo-pack. Via CSS i like to change some colors but the shop is great to me.
How can i build it into my website?
Kindly regards,
Chris

11 years 5 months ago #74095

Hi,

You could put the demo package in a sub folder of your website.
Then, add a menu item of the type external link in order to go to the sub folder website from your main website.

You could also copy the template in the demo website in your website, but your template is quite customized and the demo website template too so you won't be able to do that if you're not a coder.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds