Had to abandon GoDaddy - messing up Joomla/Hikasho

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 7 months ago #66464

Just wanted to share that I had to abandon Hikashop because my Joomla/Hika installation was NOT working on GoDaddy. This was before their "outage."

I have since found a new hosting company and I must say that all components are playing well with each other.

I wanted to share that if you find yourself pulling out your hair and you host with GoDaddy, try a fresh install elsewhere and if you find the components playing well together on that other site, then it's just GoDaddy.

I am looking forward to getting off the paid eCommerce temp solution and back to our own custom eCommerce site.

Just saying...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #66502

Thanks for the feedback :).

• Thank you received: 94
11 years 7 months ago #67824

I have to say, it's not just HikaShop... Joomla in general doesn't perform as well on GoDaddy. The speed is more often than not pretty awful, plus we've seen multiple Joomla extensions have trouble on their hosting.

It's bad enough that if a custom dev client is on GoDaddy, we charge a surcharge to deal with it. Other hosting platforms that are unfriendly for developers are 1&1 and Network Solutions. Work we do via their interfaces and under their account limitations often take our staff twice as long as "normal" hosting accounts. Give our guys the normal full features of a cPanel or Plesk account on decent hosting, and they're off and running with it. Tell them the client is on GoDaddy, 1&1 or Network Solutions, and the same professionals cringe.

Glad to hear all is working well.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by PolishedGeek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyngen, FRMYR

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 7 months ago #67830

PolishedGeek wrote: I have to say, it's not just HikaShop... Joomla in general doesn't perform as well on GoDaddy. The speed is more often than not pretty awful, plus we've seen multiple Joomla extensions have trouble on their hosting.

It's bad enough that if a custom dev client is on GoDaddy, we charge a surcharge to deal with it. Other hosting platforms that are unfriendly for developers are 1&1 and Network Solutions. Work we do via their interfaces and under their account limitations often take our staff twice as long as "normal" hosting accounts. Give our guys the normal full features of a cPanel or Plesk account on decent hosting, and they're off and running with it. Tell them the client is on GoDaddy, 1&1 or Network Solutions, and the same professionals cringe.

Glad to hear all is working well.

I concur that GoDaddy hosting was/is horrid for response. I moved few years ago to another hosting environment and have been pleased.

Kurt

The following user(s) said Thank You: FRMYR

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds