SSL

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 5 months ago #78799

Hello, I am wondering what data I need to transfer over to the secure SSL side of the site. At present I tried copying over the site but my hosting company has PHP V 5.1.2 running so I can't run Joomla 1.7 on it. They have said about installing V1.5 which doens't need anything higher but I am a bit loathed to.

Any help and thoughts would be great. (Bar binning my Hosting company! :evil: )

Iain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4005
11 years 5 months ago #78827

Hi,

I don't understand your question.
The SSL does not have any link with Joomla (or HikaShop), it is only a feature of web hosting.
A website running on HTTP or HTTPS is exactly the same thing for PHP (so Joomla, HikaShop, etc).

There is no need to transfer anything, just having a hosting which allows HTTPS.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jerome.

11 years 5 months ago #78943

Sorry for not explaining it very well.

At present the shared ssl I use has a separate ftp and also is running a different PHP version. My main domain is www.draganfly.co.uk but the shared ssl is draganfly.ssl-01.com When I put " draganfly.ssl-01.com " into Hika shop it then sends people to that address and looks for draganfly.ssl-01.com/index.php

Since the SSl is running V5.1.2 ( draganfly.ssl-01.com/phpinfo.php ) I can not put the joomla site on this server as it currently stands.

I hope this explains it.

Iain

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 5 months ago #78969

Hi Iain,

I think that reading this thread will maybe make things a little more clear for you.

Regarding your problem :
- You can maybe change your .htacces file and then change your php version
- Ask your hosting company to change your php version.

Hope this will help you.

11 years 5 months ago #78981

Mohamed,

The first thing I asked my hosting company was to upgrade the PHP, they said they won't. I will look into changing the .htaccess file and go from there.

Thanks again.

Iain

11 years 5 months ago #79593

Hello,

I have been pulling my hair out with my webhosting company. This is the situation so far,

My old online shop I uploaded the full website to the secure ftp and then only the payment code to the secure ftp. The two would talk to each other. Does hikashop work in the same way?

The ISP don't know anything about linking my none secure site to the secure one. (as per the link Mohamed put)
The server which holds the secure site is running PHP 5.1.2, unsecure is running 5.2.6
I have tried installing Joomla 1.5 on the Secure site, installed hikashop trying to get the two (secure and unsecure) to talk to each other... NO joy.
I can't change the PHP version on the secure site.

The secure site has no idea of the products bought in the unsecure side, I assume since they are using different MYSQL databases they won't talk to each other.

If I bought another domain name eg www.draganfly-secure.co.uk which I could put Joomla 1.7 on. Could I put in Hikashop config that domain as the shared ssl and get my current www.draganfly.co.uk to talk to the new secure page?

Thank you in advance of this and sorry if this doesn't make a hole lot of sense, I am going a bit mad.

Iain

11 years 5 months ago #79653

Hi,

HikaShop have an option in order to force the SSL for the checkout page.
You can read more about it, in this topic (which contains a plugin for redirection to http on non checkout pages).
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...62-ssl-settings.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 5 months ago #80273

Jerome

Thank you, I have read that post but doesn't really cover my problem. My main issue is that the secure site and unsecure site are not talking to each other. Each have their own Mysql database and different domain names. The are not linked.

Iain

11 years 5 months ago #80321

Hi,

The problem would be that, if database is not the same, even if you can share the session token, the session data would not the same.
Joomla does not store all data in the cookie, it uses PHP session container or Mysql session container.
You problem is not an HikaShop problem or a Joomla problem (because for Joomla authentication, it would be the same problem), it's a PHP and server problem.

Sharing SSL would allow to change a part of the url/domain but would stay on the same server and the same website instance.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds