recaptcha not working

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #79723

hi i am using joomla 2.5.x and newest version of hikashop.
i installed the recaptcha plugin. it inserts into my checkout but doesnt work. it allows checkout without entry of code, or wrong entry of code...

dnbsandbox.com/rockridge2/index.php/past...ay-entertaining-menu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #79726

arrggg... i started trying to make it work by playing with the checkout process and now my login / register page has completely disappeared. sorry that seemed to be a cache thing in FF its still not working there but it does display in safari.

But the recaptcha still does not function, with or without registration turned on.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by MinnieMouse.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 5 months ago #79762

Hi,

Did you follow our tutorial ?
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-with-recaptcha.html

If you use HikaShop's simplified registration, you need to display it under the email field (with the Display after option), otherwise the ReCaptcha won't be displayed and your users won't be able to register when checking out.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 5 months ago #79828

yep i did that and it does display under the email. it just doesnt function.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 5 months ago #79878

Hi,

We would require to do some test with reCaptcha beginning of next week.
At this moment, we would be able to give you more information about it.
We do not implement this integration so it is quite difficult to provide some support on it because it is not our component.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 5 months ago #79959

Hi,

You have set the "registration" option of the HikaShop configuration to "no registration".
The ReCatpcha plugin that we provide is a plugin that checks for spam bots for the registration of users.
So the plugin is actually not triggered in "no registration" mode since no user account is created.

You would have to set the "registration" option to "simplified registration" if you want to be able to use the Recaptcha plugin on your checkout registration form.

11 years 3 months ago #86436

We are also having an issue with setting up a new Hikashop site. We cannot get recaptcha to show on the shopping cart registration page (or normal registration page using the redirect to hikashop registration), but it is active since it does not allow registration because the recaptcha was not filled in (get the error message when trying to register). It does show and work fine on the contact form and shows and works on the Joomla registration if the redirect is not on.

We are also working at setting up another hikashop site, and that one works fine -- recaptcha shows on the checkout registration and works.

The new one is the same version of Joomla (2.5.8) and the same Hikashop starter. Recaptcha is correctly installed on both, activated in both the Config of Joomla and the Users prefs, plus in the K2 users module on both.

The malfunctioning site is a different template overall (purchased) and is using Hikashop Styles Orange template. Turning off the Orange Hikashop style does not correct the problem.

Is there somewhere in Hikashop that needs to turn on recaptcha? I can't see any place nor do I remember activating it in the other site Hikashop setup where it is working.

We are trying to get the site ready to go live and purchase the commercial version of Hikashop, but do really need to get recaptcha working on this site. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Test item to view cart: ccappliance.com/cca/index.php/component/...1-test-item?Itemid=0

11 years 3 months ago #86546

There are two recaptcha plugins. The one from joomla, which only handles joomla registration form. And the one from us which handles both HikaShop and joomla registration forms.
I'm thinking that you must have published and configured joomla's recaptcha plugin and not HikaShop's.
You can download it here: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-with-recaptcha.html
Install it and configure it. Note that it is in the "system" group of plugins once installed

The following user(s) said Thank You: neilw

11 years 3 months ago #86576

Thanks! I had read that before and downloaded, installed that plugin. However, I didn't realize that it was a different plugin (system) with a different name, so did not spot it. Thus I had not activated it.

Have it working now.

Minor issue is that I have it set to show after the email. But with email confirmation turned on, it splits the 2 email entry fields on the form. Minor but not optimal.

Once again, thanks. On our way to getting a Hikashop operational!

11 years 3 months ago #86602

Hi,

I've updated the recaptcha plugin on our website to handle the confirmation field. Please download it and install it again. That should hopefully solve that.

11 years 3 months ago #86613

Downloaded, installed but the recaptcha shows in same place, after the first email field. Interestingly, even if I specify in the plugin to show it after the password, it still shows after the first email field.

I did clear cache on the browser and the Joomla admin and tried with a couple different browsers (even on an iPhone), so not sure what is going on.

11 years 3 months ago #86625

More curious, after upgrading the plugin, I was working with categories. Noticed the product pages were coming up blank/white. Spent an hour trying to figure out what had changed. Ends up it was the new plugin. Reloaded the original and product pages now working fine.

11 years 3 months ago #86858

Ok, I've uploaded a new version of the recaptcha plugin which should fix that. Can you try again ?

11 years 3 months ago #87058

Nope. Didn't break anything this time, but still after the first email field. I even tried to set it to be after the password, but it still ends up after the first email field on both the checkout reg form and the main reg form.

11 years 3 months ago #87257

I check on my end with the new version of the plugin but the captcha is properly displayed after the email confirm field or the password field based on the option selected.

I don't see why it would not work for you.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds