Currency switcher. And cache.

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 4 months ago #83683

Here I have two problems. I think none related with the HS, but...

Working in J1.5.26, with a modified Sunshine template.

1. I enabled currency switcher to be visible only in some menus, especially in ones related to HS. BIG MISTAKE! After that, only sometimes, if I was lucky, I saw the module in the Modules view, in the backend, to work with it. Nothing to say, in the frontend it was where it should be, but not in the backend. At one time, I saw it and I enabled again for all menus, and after that is all the time visible in the backend. So be it!

2. Currency switcher: if you switch the currency, you must go in some other menus first and maybe, maybe it will switch. Sometimes. I installed a cache cleaner, wich can clean frontend cache automatically. I set it for 1sec. Now it works. I would prefer to not be the case, but... it works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 4 months ago #83945

Hi,

1. It might be because you have a filter set on your modules manager listing which prevents you from seeing that module when restricted to these menus. I would suggest to clear your cookies, logout/login from your backend and try again.

2. Yes, cache should be deactivated for that plugin. If you have caching activated on your website, you should make sure that it doesn't cache all the pages and especially the checkout, the cart module and the currency switcher module. These need to be dynamic, otherwise, everyone would see the same thing... That's not something you want on a shop. Unfortunately, we can't prevent 3rd party extensions/features of joomla to cache HikaShop page elements based on their configuration.

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 4 months ago #83954

No, I have not a filter, I've checked it. Cache is disabled, but I will look more seriously into this thing. This is why I set an automatic cache cleaner. I hope it will be enough. Until now, on VM, I had no trouble. I hope I will not have now.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds