Change "Each" text after price.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #85097

I've searched the forums for answers on how to do this and can't find any straightforward responses.

This seems like it should be an option on the product itself..

Surely many people would use it. :blink:

I want to be able to edit the text that follows the Price on all listings and layouts. Some are "Base Price" some are "Each"... so please let me know how I can accomplish this.

Thanks!

:) — Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 3 months ago #85134

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 3 months ago #85461

Thanks for the response.

I have not been able to get this Language option to load. I have installed falang and enabled the system plugin, and yet when I go to the language screen under config, I see this (BLANK SCREEN).

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #85464

Falang don't interact for this kind of translation change.

Can you enable the debug mode in the Joomla option, and see if an error message is displayed ?
Do you have the latest HikaShop version from our Website ?

11 years 3 months ago #85465

Latest Stable 2.0.0

11 years 3 months ago #85467

No error message. Tried Firefox and Chrome.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 3 months ago #85493

Hi,

Could you tried to activate the debug mode of Joomla or to use the option in order to set the php error reporting to "maximum" ?

Thanks,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Jerome.

11 years 3 months ago #85515

I guess I didn't have the debug on for the language. I turned it on and got a parsing error.

JROOT/language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini : error(s) in line(s) ********* bunch of lines **********

When I come into the config window it says my language file is out of date, but then when I choose to "update it from the server" it just displays the white lightbox window again. Nothing else.

Thoughts?

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by btbjosh.

11 years 3 months ago #85558

I think that your language file is broken. Try to edit it via FTP and see if there is no missing quotes "".
Or delete this file, but you will lose your language changes.

11 years 3 months ago #85636

Ok... I'll look into this language issue. Thanks.

What if I wanted to make the "Each" appear before or after the actual Price depending on a custom field I have in a product?

For example some products may have a "From 19.99" and others may be a "4.95 Each" ... what php would need changed to accomplish this? I have the custom field set up already.

Thanks.

11 years 3 months ago #85659

You will have to edit the view "product / listing_price" and add a check before the line: "echo JText::_('PRICE_BEGINNING');" and "echo JText::_('PER_UNIT');"

Something like:

if(isset($this->row->from) && $this->row->from == '1') echo JText::_('PRICE_BEGINNING');
and:
if(!isset($this->row->from) || $this->row->from != '1') echo JText::_('PER_UNIT');

Where "from" is the column_name of your custom field and 1 the value if you need to have "from" text.

11 years 3 months ago #85684

It turns out the Language Override that I had present in the folder was from another plugin/component for my site. That was causing the languages tab in the configuration to not show anything when it was clicked.

How do you use this component's override along with another component at the same time?

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 3 months ago #85741

HikaShop uses the standard override system of Joomla. On Joomla 2.5 and higher, you can configure overrides via the Overrides tab of the languages manager of Joomla. So you don't even need our interface, even though I find it more practical to use than Joomla's.
So I don't know what that other component's override is, but if it's compatible with Joomla's, it should also be with HikaShop's.

11 years 3 months ago #85742

Using this component's override along with another component should not be a problem.
The both components should use the same override file.

Try to merge the files created (if many files have been created). The syntax for the translations is always the same.

You can try to use only one component override file, it will work for both components.

11 years 3 months ago #85837

Hey Guys... Thanks a bunch for your dedication to the forums. I'm really impressed with the level of support I see here. Glad we went with Hikashop.

The conflicting plugin/component is one that globally changes the email to function as a username and the language override file has 35,000 lines of text in it. So something is keeping it from merging properly with the 12 (or so) lines from the hikashop override.

I'll use the built in joomla method...But you're right. It is much more cumbersome than your component.

11 years 1 month ago #93185

Hey, So I have my conditional "From" or "Each" working on the main product listings and product pages. I don't display these in my cart module by using css display:none on my class I set up in the php file for the product, but I noticed that my checkout cart doesn't have the div on the "From" Text. I don't want this to appear in the checkout cart. Is there another PHP view that I need to modify to add the surrounding div?

See my screenshot for an example.

Also, is there a global list or map of what views are used in each section of hikashop? I could figure things out from there if I knew which view to edit.

Thanks

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 1 month ago #93301

Hi,

On the checkout, it's the file "listing_price" of the view "checkout" that is used instead of the one from the "product" view. So you need to do the same modification in it if you also want the same result on the checkout.

We started compiling a list but it is far from complete:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-display.html#layout

The following user(s) said Thank You: btbjosh

11 years 1 month ago #93303

Fantastic. That did the trick. Thank you. I'll check your compiled list out for the future edits. :)

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds