Import Products

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #85481

Dear Hikashop
I would like to import all the products and the characteristics
directly from an import file. Firstable I would like to know if it's
possibile to do that.
I've seen in the documentation that there is an Import command but I can't
find it in my Hikashop Control Panel (Starter edition)

www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...hikashop-import.html

Can you please help on this issue?

Best regards
Thank you

Bye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 3 months ago #85495

Hi,

"import" is accessible thanks to the menu "Products > Import"
As you can see in our demo website: demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.ph...trl=import&task=show

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #86106

Hi.

I have a question regarding products import so I will ask it here rather then to open a new topic.

I have a business software for retail sale in our store that I use to export CSV file with product codes, product names and price values. That's all that I would like to export from that software (i don't have an option for creating or exporting categories). Categories and sub categories I made manually in Hikashop and have sorted products into them. Problem that I have is when I export products with new prices ("categories" field not existing in CSV file) and import (update) those products in hikashop, it automatically moves all the products to main category. The prices get updated properly but the problem with categories remain. Hikashop register those products as new products and not as existing ones. I'm not sure if I'm wrong but I was expecting hikashop to just simply update the prices regarding to existing product code and not to move products from other categories to main "product category".

If You can suggest a solution for this problem or correct Me in My methods I would be grateful.

Best regards.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 3 months ago #86175

Hi,

I guess that the problem is in your CSV. If the products are moved to the main category when you import, it means that there is a "categories" column in your CSV but that the value of that column for each product is empty. So the system understands that you want to remove the current category of the product.
So you should completely remove the "categories" column from your CSV and that won't move the products.

The following user(s) said Thank You: pinky8yu

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds