Characteristics issues

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #85962

Hi,

I have a problem with the Characteristics on my products. I have created the Characteristics for my products and everything was fine but then I was asked to add some more to the list.
I have added the extra options in the Characteristics file then saved, went into the product itself clicked on manage Characteristics but the new ones i added weren't there so i added a new one and saved but when I view my product it's still not there. They are still in the Characteristics file.

I tried to add 2 Characteristics files to my product but this didnt work and it removed all the data I had put into the original Characteristics file.
I have also added spare slots and unpublished them so i can use them later as this seemed the best way to go after the problem i had but even when they are unpublished they still show on the website.

Is this a bug.

Original product 79.170.44.86/billbotest.co.uk/index.php/...ars/20cm-honey-bears
New product 79.170.44.86/billbotest.co.uk/index.php/...rs/12-5cm-honey-bear

Thanks in advance.
Paul :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 3 months ago #85995

Hi,

Are you using the last version of Hikashop?
It sounds like a bug we already fixed :)
Try to update or reinstall!

11 years 3 months ago #86007

Hi eliot,

It says I have latest stable version v2.0.0

I have now just reinstalled but no difference.

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by paulkemp39.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #86082

Hi,

What do you mean bu "characteristics file" ?
Have you follow the documentation ?
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics

11 years 3 months ago #86094

Hi,

I have followed the documentation for the characteristics and all was working fine no problems.

I had a characteristic called:

12.5cm honey bears ---> 4 variants in here.

I created a new product and added the characteristics, saved then managed characteristics and added extra prices and pics ect. Still all working fine on front end.
I needed to add some more variants to characteristic file so added there first then went into product and manage characteristics but the new variant wasn't in there
so I added with the new button, made changes then saved. After this i lost all characteristics data for that product. Not a problem I recreated a new characteristics file
but this time added spare variants to use later and thought that I could un-publish them so they are not displayed until i needed them but this doesn't work.
Now I have just gone to copy a link to the product and no products are showing when I select them from the menu. This has happened after I reinstalled the software following the advice from eliot to reinstall. I am using the business version and can't find the download for this on your site.

Need help as website is now down. www.billbo.co.uk

Thanks Paul

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 3 months ago #86160

Hi,

I can see the products on your products listings on your website.

You can download your Business edition via the menu Your account->Your subscription once you're logged on our website with the account which made the purchase.

11 years 3 months ago #86587

Hi nicolas,

Yes I restored a backup as the site was live.

I have just downloaded and installed the latest business version, created a new product and characteristics but I still have the unpublished showing.

www.billbo.co.uk/index.php/bears/honey-bears/tiny-ted

Also I have just noticed when i add images to the product and i select the option to use file location instead of upload image the file does not show.
They are in the same place i use for download files so am putting in the same path etc. should they be somewhere else.

Thanks

Paul

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by paulkemp39.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #86732

Hi,

The variants are displayed, because in case of many characteristics are added we must show all the options on the product page (displayed as a table when many).
But when the variant is chosen, the text "no stock" is displayed, so you can do a translation override to change the text to "not in sale".

Do you enter the absolute or the relative path ? Are they on your computer or on the server ?

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 3 months ago #87000

Hi,

The files are on the server in /home/sites/billbo.co.uk/public_html/images/Print-Areas
so i am using images/Print-Areas/filename.jpg for the image path and file name (see attached)

If I only add the characteristics I need at the time can others be added at a later date when needed.
I tried this before and it did not work.

Thanks
Paul

11 years 3 months ago #87249

Hi,

Yes you can add additional characteristics later on.

You can also add additional values to a characteristic later on but in that case, after adding the value to the characteristic, you need to add the variant in each product using that characteristic via the "manage variants" button of the product edition page.

11 years 3 months ago #87258

Hi Nicolas,

I have tried this but after I add a new value in the characteristic it is not showing when I manage variants in the product.

Any idea on the other point about the images not showing.

Thnks

11 years 3 months ago #87410

Yes, that's what I said. After you add the value in the characteristics, you need to add the additional variants in each product using the characteristic.

For the images, you need to either have them in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload and in that case, you can use a relative path like you did, or you use the URL like that:
www.billbo.co.uk/images/Print-Areas/filename.jpg

The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulLenton

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds