Improve Import Feedback

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #87270

Hi,

We're working to link Hika (Business 2.0.0) with an external data source and are actually improving quite nicely (after quite a rough ride finding out how to use external category ID's in our import CSV)
Because we did a lot of imports through Cron and also manually for testing purposes we noticed the lack of feedback regarding the number of updated products. Hikashop, after importing, gives feedback about what went wrong and why, and also the number of new articles, number of invalid article codes, and the number of existing articles, but it doesn't mention the number of updated articles, which for testing purposes (and others I guess) would be quite welcome. :)

So, would it be possible to add feedback about the number of updated articles after import?

Keep up the good work!
MF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 3 months ago #87435

Hi,

The number of already existing products is the number of updated articles. When a product in the CSV already exists in the database, its data is updated instead of creating a new product.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #87448

I see. So, if I understand correctly, there is no way to see or compare if the values in the product table have actually changed after import (because all products are updated)?

No problem, just thought it would be a nice feature... :)

I'm going to change my translation though: "already existing" into "updated"... ;)

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 3 months ago #87706

The system doesn't load the data of the existing products from the database. It simply sends the data from the CSV to the database. Doing otherwise would greatly hinder performances.
So it actually doesn't know if the product is changed or not.

The following user(s) said Thank You: many-feathers

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds