Can't add items to shopping cart

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #87525

If you go to my store ( www.m2820.com ), add the first book (purple cover) to the shopping cart, click "Continue Shopping", then add the second book (blue and yellow cover), click "Continue Shopping", they will both appear in the shopping cart as expected.

However, at that point, if you delete the first book from the shopping cart, it seems like sometimes it deletes it correctly, but right now, they both get deleted and the shopping cart shows nothing in it (even though Book 2 should still be in there). But, if you now add the Book 2 again, two of them appear in the shopping cart. So, what is happening is HikaShop internally realized that Book 1 and 2 where added, then it correctly deletes Book 1. However, even though it knew Book 2 was still in the shopping cart, the cart was visibly empty until Book 2 was added again. At that point, the shopping cart correctly showed two copies of Book 2 in the cart.

If you then click, "Proceed to checkout", it brings you to the login page. Now, if you try to delete the two copies of Book 2, it looks like it tries to delete them, but they stay in the cart. However, if you select to pay with say, "Google Checkout" if gives you an error message saying the Shopping Cart is empty. So it seems like HikaShop behind the scenes knows what is in the shopping cart, but the visual cart does not match what is really in there.

If you try this on your own, the first time you try it, everything might work correctly. If so, delete everything in the shopping cart and try it all a second time. Like I said, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Any help?

- - - - -
Hmm. I thought I had solved this issue by changing the URL in the following two areas but this ends up not solving the issue:
1. System > Configuration > Checkout > "Continue shopping button's URL:" and
2. System > Configuration > Checkout > "URL where to redirect when the cart is empty"

It seemed to work for a while, then stopped. Now, when I click on the "Add to Cart" button, nothing is added to the cart.

Any thoughts?

NOTE: I have taken the store offline for now and sending cutomers to Amazon. It would be best at this point if I let you go in the backend and look at it. Is that a possibility? I've spent 20hrs on this and I don't believe I'm going to be able to figure it out without a bit of your looking at it.

Brad

Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by simo90.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #87576

Hi,

It looks like a cache issue, try to disable the Joomla cache, other cache components or plugin, check if your template has no cache.
And try again to see if it still happen.

11 years 3 months ago #87621

I turned off all cache and at this point, when I try to add something to the cart, nothing happens. Again, the Store is disabled so I can continue to sell by sending customers to Amazon. I would be happy for you to look at it in the backend. I'm really frustrated at this point since I have been trying to get this to work for two or three weeks now. Didn't I read on your website that you would be able to set this up if I was unable? I believe I have given it my best shot. Can you please take a look at it for me?

Brad

www.m2820.com
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by simo90.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 3 months ago #87726

Yes we can have a look. Please send a backend access via our contact form with a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html

(note that the text on our website says that if you can't install HikaShop on your website, we can install it for you, not configure it for you)

11 years 3 months ago #87877

Hi,

I just checked your website and I'm able to add products in my cart without any issue. I placed an order and the checkout is also working fine.

Maybe it's browser/user session related.
Try to clear your cookies/cache in your browser and logout/login and try again.

11 years 2 months ago #89227

I'm really frustrated. Yes, you are right, it does work some of the time and other times it does not. I tried this again today, on three different computers, and all three have the same issues listed above. I click, "add to cart", and the popup window opens asking if I want to "Continue Shopping" or "Proceed to checkout". If I click, "Continue Shopping", nothing happens. I can click it 10 times and the popup windows remains open. I have to click the X to get it to close.

Other times, I can add items to the shopping card, but not delete them. I really need to get this working. Earlier, you indicated you could look at the backend to try to determine the problem. Can you please do this for me.

Brad

www.m2820.com
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by simo90.

11 years 2 months ago #89274

The fact that you can close the popup box is a good hint.

I checked the javascript error console of my browser after clicking on the "continue shopping" button (it didn't work) and I got the error:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'closeBox' of undefined

That closeBox method is a javascript function of HikaShop since HikaShop 2.0 so it should definitely be there.

So I checked your HikaShop javascript file :
www.m2820.com/media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js

And you don't have the version 2.0 of the HikaShop javascript file.

So that must explain the issues with the cart and it sure explains the "continue shopping" button issue.

What I think happened is that the folder media/com_hikashop/js is not writable. So Joomla couldn't copy the new files of HikaShop there when you updated HikaShop to the 2.0 version.

So please copy manually these files from the install archive of HikaShop via FTP and that should solve the problem. Also make sure that this folder is writable so that you don't get similar issues with next updates of HikaShop.

11 years 2 months ago #89378

As you suggested earlier, I spoke with my web hosting company and they said all the permissions are set correctly for the files and folders, so the HikaShop files should have uploaded correctly. I replaced the file you mentioned . . . actually, I manually uploaded all the files from the com_hikashop_business.zip file, but it still does not work. Now, when I add an item to the cart, the popup window saying "Continue Shopping" or "Checkout", will correctly open and close, but now nothing gets added to the shopping cart. So, replacing the file you suggested correctly one problem, but created a new one.

Now, I guess I'm about to give up here. I don't have the time to continue to try to install HikaShop one suggestion at a time. One problem leads to the next and then to the next.

I really don't understand why I have the old files in the first place since I never upgraded from a previous version. I did have the free version for a while and that worked correctly. Maybe that was a previous version. The com_hikashop_business.zip file that was sent to me once I paid for the full version only contains 4 folders inside: back, front, language, and media. When I manually uploaded those files to my site, I realized that my side contains other HikaShop files and folder that are not included in this zipped file. For example, there are many HikaShop folders and files inside the plugins folder that I did not replace since there were nothing for them in the zip file. Where do those files come from?

Do you have any other suggestions before I give up? Again, your website claims you will install the shopping cart if I can't? I believe this qualifies as not being able to install it. I really don't think this is a matter configuring the shopping cart. I think it is a matter of it not being properly installed. If you would install this for me so I can then configure it, I would be really greatful!

Remember, to see the error, you have to add something to the cart, click, "Continue Shopping," then delete that item, then try to add it again and it will not be added to the cart.

Brad

www.m2820.com

11 years 2 months ago #89559

Hi,

Regarding the JS file not being updated, we can't do anything to avoid that as it was an install issue created by the Joomla installer. It's probably because you had a Starter edition from a previous version yes.

You don't need to worry about the other files. The only problem was with the JS files which you replaced already so it's all good now.

There is no other suggestion. Your website add to cart is working fine now. I went there just now and I was able to add/remove/add/remove/etc. I tried several different combinations and it worked all the time. So we can consider the case closed.
Regarding the fact that you still have a problem with the add to cart on your end, I think that it's maybe a user session caching issue. Simply logout, delete all the carts via the Users->Carts menu (the multi cart option option of the configuration might have to be turned on for that) and that should then work fine like on my end.

11 years 2 months ago #89572

I'm sorry, but it is NOT working. I just got my dad to try it on his computer and he lives 5 hours away (which of course means nothing), and it does the same thing on his computer. Maybe your computer is the problem. Maybe you have extra software loaded on it that makes it work correctly. Maybe you have an older/newer browser, maybe you have something else that is not common to everyone else, so I would suggest you go to a non-HikaShop computer and try it because it does NOT work. Maybe you're not going to the right website. I don't know, but this is getting really ridiculous!

On a non-HikaShop computer,
1. Go to www.m2820.com
2. Click on Store in the top menu.
3. Click on "Add to Cart" under the first book.

4. Click "Continue Shopping"

5. Now, click the "x" beside the item.

6. The book is removed from the cart. So far all is correct.

7. Now add the same book again. Look, no book.

8. Click continue shopping . . . still no book.

It doesn't matter which computer I try this on, it does the same thing. I've tried this on 6 different computers. It is NOT a cache problem . . . it is a HikaShop problem. Can you please figure out what is going on instead of closing the case.

Copy the following link into your browser and watch my screen capture of it NOT working. Now, this is after I used Norton utilities to clean my computer of all internet traces, I cleaned the history in the browser, I cleared the cache from Joomla and I purge the Joomla expired cache.

[img]www.m2820.com/examples/HikaShop.avi

Again, 6 different computers all give this same result. The only thing I can figure is your computer is the problem. Go to the front desk and try the secretaries computer, your laptop, etc. It is not working.

Brad

www.m2820.com

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #89653

Thanks to follow the answers in this topic:
www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/2-general-talk...-not-work.html#89577

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds