Error when I try to use Hikashop in the backend.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #89298

Hi everyone!

I can't seem to operate the backend of Hikashop anymore. I have it set up on my site ( www.countryalliance.org ) and can confirm the shop works fine from the front end. However when I log into Joomla's control panel and go to Components / Hikashop, there is no longer any sub-menus - just "Hikashop". When I select that, I get the following message:

Warning: require_once(/home/countrya/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/countrya/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php on line 383

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/countrya/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/countrya/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php on line 383

Since installing it, I had my PHP server upgraded plus transferred everything over to a new PC (although I can't imagine why that would matter). I get the same message using IE as I do with Firefox.

Does anyone have a clue what this is about and what I need to do?

Regards

Neil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #89388

Everyone.

As a further part to this question, what will happen if I reinstall Hikashop? Will I need to set up all my merchandise again or will that be preserved? I'm obviously keen to fix this asap....

thanks
Neil

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #89448

Hi,

You have maybe a permissions issue, try to change the folder/file access level via FTP.
If you reinstall HikaShop, you should not lose anything.
But don't forget to make a backup before, we never know.

11 years 2 months ago #89814

Hey, the reinstall worked! I wasn't sure what to expect but for whatever reason, all is now back to normal.

Thanks
Neil

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds