Best way to layout hikashop categories and product

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 1 month ago #92730

HI

I would like to use Hikashop to sell pilates courses for a client. Could you tell me what is the best way to set out the following:

Pilates Course Intro - 7 week course commencing April 01. For each week, there are 2 timeslots available (2pm - 4pm and 6pm-8pm). In each timeslot there is a maximum number of 10 people. The cost for this course will be $150 with a limit of 10 bookings for the full 7 week course.

The Full 7 week course will be displayed to members only first and is open to general public 7-14 days prior to the start of the course.

After the closing date for the full course, it should not be available for selection. Instead people can buy "casual dates"

So for example, if i only sell 6 out of the 10 full course, then in first week, there will be 4 available spots for the first time slot 2pm -4pm, and 4 for second time slot 6pm-8pm so on forth for the other 6 weeks. I would like to sell each spot as a "casual purchase", eg Casual Booking March 7 2pm - 4pm (4 spots)

I have spent a few hours looking a hikashop and it seems like i could do it using options, variants or characteristics, but i can't seem to find the easiest way to link the casual spots with the full course and have individual quantities for each casual spots.

Thanks for your help

Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 1 month ago #92958

Hi,

The only way I can see a solution is to have one main product for the course.
Then, in that product, have one product option per week.
And for each option product, have a characteristic with three value (no, slot 1, slot2).
And for the two time slot variants of each option product, limit it to a quantity of 10 and the price for that unique slot (as a casual purchase).

That way, the customers can go on the main product course and select which option and which slot they want for it.
Then, you could create an auto loaded coupon to reduce the price of the order if the user has purchase more than one slot, or even a bigger one if it has purchased all of them (I assumed that it's something you also want).

11 years 1 month ago #93031

Dear Nicolas

Your suggestion could possibly work but could i get further advice

1. I am planning to use the Product available from and Product available until for Options and Variants. However, the alert "xxxxxxx is not yet on sale" message does not appear until the customer clicks on the button Proceed to checkout. At this point it alerts the customer. Is it possible to not display the option and variant in the list for selection until it is available?
2. If I setup one option product (call Option A) and add characteristics to it and setup all the variants associated with, can i reuse the same option A on another main product?

thanks
Patrick

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by paddyrolls.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 month ago #93092

Hi,

1. Yes, on this forum you should find a plugin called "hide_products.zip" it hide the not available products.
2. You can re-use the option A in another product.

11 years 1 month ago #93094

HI Xavier

I just downloaded that file from another thread. But when i go and install it i get the message

Error

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

Is it compatible with Hikashop 2.1.0 and Joomla 3.0.3.

Also, I ordered the plugin Attach invoice PDF to emails 12 months ago....can i still use the same plugin from the download link in order J4T6Y44 for Hikashop 2.1.0 and Joomla 3.0.3..

Thanks

Patrick

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 1 month ago #93119

Hi,

The plugin won't help. It will hide only the products on the products listings.
It won't help for options and variants.

For that, you will have to modify the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php and change the line:
$filters=array('a.product_id ='.$product_id,'a.product_related_type=\'options\'','b.product_published=1');
to:
$filters=array('a.product_id ='.$product_id,'a.product_related_type=\'options\'','b.product_published=1','b.product_sale_start<'.time(),'(b.product_sale_end=0 OR b.product_sale_end>'.time().')');

and the line:
$filters=array('product_parent_id IN ('.implode(',',$ids).')');
to:
$filters=array('product_parent_id IN ('.implode(',',$ids).')','product_sale_start<'.time(),'(product_sale_end=0 OR product_sale_end>'.time().')');

The PDF plugin is updated for free. You will get the latest version if you click on the download link of your order. And yes, it is compatible with Joomla 3.0

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds