sharing product on a facebook page

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #92944

Hey everyone, is there any social share product that is compatible with hikashop products I'm trying to share some products on my facebook page but the problem is that the picture of the product doesn't appear in the sharing tab, only the link of the page and other pictures that is on the same page but is not related to the product appear in the sharing tab, I'm looking for a sharing tool that allow me to share my products on facebook and other social websites with pictures. thanks in advanced

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #93044

Hi,

Have you the latest version of HikaShop ? Because the images should be the good one displayed in facebook. The "bug" has already been corrected.

11 years 2 months ago #93073

I checked it I already have the latest version 2.1.0 I haven't this problem before one week mywebsite is www.itserviceslb.com you can check it

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 2 months ago #93194

Hi,

I don't see any facebook sharing link on your product pages.

11 years 2 months ago #93248

Hi I don't understand what do you mean the sharing links are on the top of each page check this link please www.itserviceslb.com/index.php/pro/produ...x-black#.UTcsBze9DaQ
Best

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 2 months ago #93289

Hi there,

I just checked your website and the share buttons you are using are not the one implemented by Hikashop.
I don't where they do come from but if you want working share buttons for each product you have to enable the Hikashop social plugin.

11 years 2 months ago #93306

I enabled hikashop social plugin but there is no sharing tool just facebook like and tweet and google +. can we extend it to add sharing to it ?

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by fadygh.

11 years 2 months ago #93466

There is no option for that but you can always modify the code of the plugin if you're a developer based on the addthis API:
support.addthis.com/customer/portal/arti...ent-api#.UTi23TDjg1I
The plugin file is: plugins/content/hikashop_social/hikashop_social.php

The following user(s) said Thank You: fadygh

11 years 2 months ago #93487

unfortunatly I'm not developer is there any simpler way to modify the code or any sample

Thanks in advance

11 years 2 months ago #94018

Unfortunately no. It's complex.

The only alternative for now is to not use our social network plugin and use instead a social network joomla plugin/module which would display on the product page and which would support addthis.

The following user(s) said Thank You: fadygh

10 years 11 months ago #108486

Hi there,

We just added this feature to the Hikashop social plugin so if you want to install and test it, feel free to give us some feedback ;)

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_conten...6-10.zip
File Size:6 KB

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 5
10 years 11 months ago #109461

Yes it works

Thanks

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Essential
10 years 11 months ago #109488

Hi Eliot,
Just tried this plugin and I can't find the facebook share on the plugin anywhere?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Ian :(

10 years 11 months ago #109493

I tried it and it's great thank you hikashop team

10 years 11 months ago #109503

Hi Ian,

This plugin is exactly the same as the old one so the Facebook button is still there.
Just find the Hikashop social plugin in you plugin manager, enable it and choose the options inside.

• Hikashop Essential
10 years 11 months ago #109505

Hi Eliot,
Checked the plugin.
I can find the like button, but not the share button, is there a facebook share button?

Thanks

Ian

10 years 11 months ago #109506

Actually it's the same thing. Liking a product will display it on you facebook page and share it as well.
There is also the recommend button option to send it to your facebook friend.
Finally, you can enable the "addThis" button (which is the subject of this topic) which propose you to share content trough social medias including Facebook.

I hope it's clear enough :)

• Hikashop Essential
10 years 11 months ago #109519

Thanks Eliot,
I see that it's there, but the customer wants just a single Facebook share icon as he thinks people wont know to click the plus and it's in keeping with the layout :-(
I did enter the code manually for the share button, but the site url gets placed in front of the facebook share url for some reason.
If I wanted to manually add the code how would I avoid the reverse url?

The other problem with the send is it doesn't allow you to change the thumbnail, and for my products shows the wrong thumbnail.

Many Thanks

Ian

10 years 11 months ago #109531

Hi Ian,

The share button doesn't exist anymore for facebook, the like button replaced it.
AddThis however is able to share, but since there is a lot of options, we just implemented the most complete version of the button in Hikashop.
If you feel confident, you can take a look at this page: support.addthis.com/customer/portal/arti...ent-api#.Ub8I6z6VBVV and edit the code of the hikashopsocial plugin to adapt to your needs. You should be able to display a single share button with AddThis.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ianspeed

8 years 3 months ago #228447

hallo, i am running business edition.
i ve got a problem with urls.when i am coping pasting the link of a product to facebook, the link is shown normally with the icon of product but if i press on the link of the product it returns this error 404 - Page not found . if i press on the image of the link then there is no problem and i can enter site normally.what is the problem? this problem occurs only when im copying and pasting link that is product link. i noticed that when i am pressing on the link and not on the image, the url that the link send me is wrong. for example if i want to share this link to facebook buy copying pasting it www.giakourtines.gr/index.php/kourtines/set/product/1204- and i press on the link after posting it, it redirects to www.giakourtines.gr/index.php/kourtines/set/product/1204 missing the last -. But this occurs only if i click on the link and not on the image

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by geogeo.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds