HELP Needed to change image size

• Thank you received: 16
11 years 1 month ago #93016

I'm getting a lot of frustration with HikaShop as many basic simple settings look good in the administrator side but can't get them to work.

I found trough CSS how to change thumbnail size but can't find where to change size of mainpicture while in product page.

Making changes to the several Thumbnail and image paramaters under Configuration -> Main Tab -> Image Section does have no effect or an absolutely bizarre one breaking the whole apge.

I'm really lost at this point, I feel like I am missing something essential and focusing in the wrong place, but this should be as simple as the configuration page looks like.

Under this configuration

I get this result for which I want to change the size of the main picture

And when changing image parameters to fit a better design with this parameters:

I get this disaster in which the whole template gets broken and menus and other stuff does not get rendered

Have tried tons of combinations with some or all image size parameter filled, no working result as soon as I get out from default values.
This happens both with CSS frontend and style files assigned and none assigned.

My setup is J2.5.9 with Yootheme Sync (last update) and HikaShop Business (last update).

Indications, advise and orientation will be appreciated, I'm getting stuck in the most basic things and my project is not advancing.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by PeterChain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 1 month ago #93018

Hi,

That's the correct way to do it.

It creates a fatal error on the page. Please set to maximum the error reporting option of the joomla configuration and try again. Then, please provide the error message at the bottom of the page so that we can see what's going on.

11 years 1 month ago #93022

I get this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /Volumes/WebDev/MAMP_files/htdocs/activacions/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 735

As you see I'm working with MAMP.

PHP 5.3.2

11 years 1 month ago #93023

Well,

I changed the MAMP parameter from 32MB to 128MB for the memory_limit and now it works.

Sorry for not having thought about activating maximum error reporting.

But I have another simpler question:

Whet is the difference between

Product page image width
Product page image height

and

Image width
Image height

I see no result in manipulating the values of the later parameters.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 month ago #93075

Hi,

As explained in the integrated documentation:

Product page image width and Product page image height : You can specify the max size of the main image displayed in the product page.
Image width and Image height : You can specify a maximum width and a maximum height for images attached to products. If the images appears to be bigger, they will be resized automatically during the upload process. If you do not want to resize images, leave these fields blank. These options only apply to the "zoomed" image of products on the product page and to the current category image on category/product listings. Note that if you change these values, the images you already uploaded in your products/categories won't be resized as this process is done at the moment you upload them.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds