Checkout without registration - test failed

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #95719

Hello, I have Hikashop Essentials and bought it because I want customers to be able to buy without registering. (I don't like the numerous accounts and passwords I have to remember when internet shopping myself). I managed to configure that in the right places, I think.

I am building a website on a XAMPP server so not yet online. I tried to test the buying process. It works fine when I enter my personal info a first time. However, if I want to test a new order using the same email address as the first time, I cannot get past the registration form. I try to click on the payment methods but nothing happens. So apparently, the email is registered somewhere and blocks a new order. Of course I want customers to be able to place a second, third, fourth,... order - without registering!

How can I solve this?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 month ago #95757

Hi,

In the checkout options (Config > Checkout > Login & Registration), have you set "no registration" and "no login" ?

11 years 1 month ago #95850

I did! First order without registering worked fine. The second one with the same email is the problem. I click on 'bank transfer' and nothing happens, whereas the first time I got the invoicing information.

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 1 month ago #95852

Hikashop latest version
Joomla 2.5.9

I'm experiencing the same problem.
I've set my settings in the back-end "Login & Registration" to:
Login= No
Registration= No registration

So when I make my first test purchase with an e-mail adresse I get passed the registration form and can finnish my purchase.
But when I try for the second time using the same e-mail address I DON'T get passed the registration form, so I have to use a different e-mail address to finnish my purchase.

Any solution here?

Tnx=)

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 1 month ago #95941

Any update here ?

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 1 month ago #96027

Hi,

Please download again the latest version on our website and install it again on your website. That should solve the issue.

11 years 1 month ago #96277

Maybe I overlooked something, but how do I update a commercial version from your website without paying again?

I downloaded essentials only a week ago, by the way.

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 1 month ago #96278

Go in the menu Your account->Your subscriptions and download the latest version package from there.

That registration issue was found and patched a few days ago so it's normal that you have the issue if you downloaded it a week ago.

11 years 1 month ago #96406

Dear,

The issue is not really solved. I now get an error message 'email address already used'. So still not able to checkout, although I now get an explanation. What I want is an order with the same email address again and again, without registration, 'email address already used' therefore should not be considered to be an error. That is why I bought the 'Essential' package.

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds