How to change default language for my site

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #95729

My client is using Hikashop Business version which has been purchased recently. I have been trying my best to change the default language to Australian English. I just cannot do this. I need help to fix this? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 month ago #95802

Hi,

First of all, you have to enable multi langue in the Joomla options. Add a new language.
Then in HikaShop, go in Configuration > Languages, and you will be able to change the default language.

To use multi language website, you need too a third component to manage that, FaLang is the most used, they made a plugin for HikaShop compatibility.

11 years 1 month ago #95884

Hi I need more information on how to fix this. I have tried and but I am not getting anywhere. Please provide more information to fix this.
:(

11 years 1 month ago #95888

My client site is an Australian based site and as such we'd like to change English to Australian. Need to resolve this ASAP.
:(

11 years 1 month ago #96015

You have to go in the language manager of Joomla. The site language needs to be changed, not the HikaShop one.
If you have more questions, thanks to post in the joomla forum, or make a google search. :)

11 years 1 month ago #96435

I don't think its Joomla. Because initial installation of Joomla was English (AU). It is not Joomla, It is Hikashop that is not showing English Australian. The settings of Hikashop are in EN(UK). Please check this with Hikashop.

The Joomla Language settings is OK. (AU English).

11 years 1 month ago #96486

Which settings are you talking about ?
You don't have to do anything in HikaShop to have Australian language if you have set it in Joomla.

In HikaShop the Australian English and British English are the same for the language files.

11 years 1 month ago #96952

I give you an example, the word CHECK, in Australian English it you spell CHECK as CHEQUE.
When I specify the method of payments and I selected payment by Cheque, It is not showing Cheque but Check. Now I have gone back to Joomla to check this it is showing EN(UK) as language. All I want to do is change this to EN(AU) if at all there is a way like this.

11 years 1 month ago #97243

Hi Xavier,

are you going to look into this issue? The method of payment Check, needs to be changed to Cheque for our site. Please respond to this post.

bern.

11 years 1 month ago #97356

Hi,

In Configuration > Languages, you should have a add button. Click on that button to create the australian language file, then edit it and add an overrive fot the check payment method.
to replace CHECK by CHEQUE, and you can do that for the other overrides.

11 years 4 weeks ago #97817

There is no Add button in Hikashop-->Configuration--->Languages. Which add button are you referring to?

11 years 4 weeks ago #97884

Hi,

When using a language in Joomla, HikaShop automatically add it in the HikaShop language files.
Then you have to edit this language file to have your translations.

They will be automatically loaded if the language site in en-AU.

By default Joomla is installed in english and then it change to an other language.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds