Show article in modal box without losing funcional

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #95843

Hello people.

I'm trying to display the contents of an article in isolation (which only shows the article without headers or menus or anything) without losing functionality.

I want to use the functionality offered by Hikashop with "product tag insertion plugin" where you include the information of one or more products from the online store in an article using tags as follows:
{product}100027|cart|quantityfield|pricedis3|price tax2{/product}

I have been testing this in two different ways:
1. - Keeping functionality, but without disappearing headers or menus (attached "pantallazo1.jpg")... I get this with the following code:
<p><a href=" www.design-you.es/index.php?option=com_c...t&view=article&id=16 " class="modal" rel="{handler: 'iframe', size: {x: 1000, y: 600}}" target="_blank">OPCION 1</a></p>
2. - Removing headers and menus but losing functionality (attachment "pantallazo2.jpg")... And that I get with this other code:
<p><a href="/component/content/article?id=16&tmpl=component" class="modal" rel="{handler: 'iframe', size: {x: 1000, y: 600}}" target="_blank">OPCION 2</a></p>

The fact is that in the second option, the layout has been lost, but the links appear, and those to increase or decrease order quantities are working OK but the link to "Add to cart" does not work.

The only difference is how to configure the URLs for viewing the article in the modal window, And I wonder if there was any way to mix the best of both views (layout and functionality of the first option and publishing isolated from the second one).

I tried this with specific extensions for "modal box" (JoomlaXTX Modal Box Plugin, Simple Pop Up, Modalizer, etc ...), but the result has been disastrous or more or as much similar.

Hope you can help.

Thanks everybody in advance.
Raul R.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 1 month ago #95946

Hi,

The issue is that your template is not including the jdoc include head tag in its component.php file. Add that tag in that file and that should work.
docs.joomla.org/Jdoc_statements#Head

11 years 1 month ago #96127

Hi Nicholas.

The component.php file includes tag <jdoc:include type="head" /> in HEAD and tags <jdoc:include type="message" /> and <jdoc:include type="component" /> in BODY.

I have installed copy of the template BEEZ5 and it has the mentioned tags in component.php file in the original version.

So you think there might be some other solution to this problem?

Greetings.
Raul R.

11 years 1 month ago #96236

I did a test on my end with several templates and it is working fine, I get the CSS/JS of HikaShop in the popup.

Could you try with another template like the default one of joomla ?

11 years 1 month ago #96394

Hi again Nicolas.

I did several test on my end in my localhost with templates that are installed when I install Jommla! 2.5.

I tried with templates Atomic, Beez_20 and Beez5 (the template that I am using in the host is a copy from this last template)

With the three templates I get the same result.
When I compose the URL with "...&tmpl=component" in the end, my article is shown in an isolated way but without functionality.

Could you please say to me which template are you using to get a good result... Maybe, I could try with that template and could readjust my site to the new template.

Thanks again.
Raul R.

11 years 1 month ago #96585

Hi,

I tested with the protostar template of Joomla 3.0

11 years 1 month ago #97749

Hi.

I have a 2.5 Joomla installation and I downloaded a Protostar template for this version and I have the same problem.

However, I have could check an alternative workaround.
I have created an unpublished menu with several menu entries... all of them points to the same article.
Then I have created on HTML module for each menu entry, which have the info of each product; so each module is only visible for its menu entry.
Last I have modified the others modules such header, main menu, search module, etc... to fix them invisible for my new menu entries.

In this point I only need to link each menu entry as description of main products.

I think that is something hard to explain it, but its quite simple.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds