Hikashop content module not working as expected

• Thank you received: 5
11 years 1 month ago #97135

Hi,

Yesterday I purchased Hikashop Business and Multivendor. I managed to import my VMshop OK.
Now I try to get the Hikashop content module to work and can't get it done. Can somebody help?

I prefer to show a list of my main categories (22). I'd like to show the subcategories when clicking the main category. Then I want to show the products after clicking the subcategory.

What happens is that main categories are showing in the menu. Clicking them opens a new page. ----> but its the 'edit useraccount form' that opens. No matter what category is clicked it always shows the 'edit useraccount' page. I tried many options but it doesn't change. Am I doing something wrong.

Thanks

Sjaak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 1 month ago #97142

Hi,

This sounds like SEF issue. If you turn off SEF, does it work ? If so, make sure that you select a category listing menu item in the "menu" hikashop option of your module.

11 years 1 month ago #97150

Thank you Nicolas,

Turning off SEF helped.....in a way. Now it seems that the clicked category shows.
The breadcrumb trail shows a path to the category but the page is still empty.

Does this mean I cannot use the standard joomla SEF feature anymore?

I do not fully understand your explanation. Can you explain more? I attached a screenshot of my current settings.

When the category shows the module disappears. I want to show the module on ALL pages. As it is now my clients cannot browse to another category while being in another one. They need to go back all the way to choose another one. What can I do to solve that?

Thanks

Sjaak Boer

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Sjaak. Reason: Forgot to attach screenshot.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 month ago #97320

Hi,

What Nicolas said is, you have to change the value for the option "Menu". Actually it's "Menu item for category listing module 145". Thanks to try with "Category listing" or another one.

11 years 1 month ago #97382

Hi Xavier,

The listing you propose is not available in the dropdownlist that opens so I set it to 'none'. Now the products in the category are shown on the page. But on top of the page this remark also shows: 'Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/artlantismedia.com/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php on line 409'

What does it mean?

Sjaak

11 years 1 month ago #97410

Hi,

Could you give us the code present at the corresponding line ? (and two lines before and after)

11 years 1 month ago #97415

HI Xavier,

I am not good with coding. I don't know how to look at line *** or line ***. Never understood how it works.
I send you the file via PM

Sjaak

11 years 1 month ago #97485

Hi,

I can't reach the file with a backend access. I need a ftp access.
To have the lines you have to go via ftp at the address "administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php" open it in notepad++ and on the left side you should see the numbers.

11 years 1 month ago #97500

Hello Xavier,

Thanks for your advice. I downloaded and installed Notepad++. Very helpfull.
I copied the lines 391-420 and pasted them below:

if(!isset($user)){
$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$user_id = (int)$app->getUserState( HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.user_id' );
$class = hikashop_get('class.user');
if(empty($user_id)){
$userCMS = JFactory::getUser();
if(!$userCMS->guest){
$user_id = $class->getID($userCMS->get('id'));
}else{
return $user;
}
}

$user = $class->get($user_id);
}
if($full){
return $user;
}else{
return $user->user_id;
}
}

function hikashop_getZone($type = 'shipping'){
$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$shipping_address = $app->getUserState( HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.'.$type.'_address',0);
$zone_id =0;
if(!empty($shipping_address)){
$useMainZone=false;
$id = $app->getUserState( HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.shipping_id','');
if($id){

I don't know coding but am I reading correct that the userID is not recognized?
How can I solve it?

Sjaak

11 years 1 month ago #97649

The error seems to come from the helper file of HikaShop, one of the main files.
We never had reports on that, it's about the loaduser function which is working fine.

Are you using a third component to manage the user registration on the Joomla website ?

11 years 1 month ago #97655

Hi Xavier,

Before I installed Hikashop I had Joobi software installed. To cut a long story short. I struggled 1,5 year with it and their support. They couldn't meet their promises so I decided to go another way.
The Joobi software does have another way to manage user registration. Before installing Hikashop I uninstalled every Joobicomponent. At least I thought I did. Now I'm a bit puzzled whether there are some leftovers of the @#$%^&*software.

Do you have a clue where to look?

Sjaak

11 years 4 weeks ago #97712

Hi Xavier

Today I removed every file/directory I could find related to joobi software. A lot of 'trash' was left behind after uninstalling the software.
However I still have the same error.
Any clues where to look next?

Sjaak

11 years 4 weeks ago #97850

So this loaduser function tries to find a user? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not a coder. Just an innocent user of the software.
I am building the shop and the shop is not online. I can only visit the shop as superuser/administrator.
Am I correct that my user ID cannot be found by this loaduser function?

Is something going wrong between the Joomla user registration and the Hikashop user registration?

Sjaak

11 years 4 weeks ago #97955

Go in the joomla configuration page and turn off the "error reporting" option.
You don't want it on on a production server anyway.

And yes that means that the current user is not found in HikaShop.
That comes from a synchronization issue with the user which could happen if the hikashop user synchronization plugin is unpublished and that a user is created. So please make sure that this plugin is published.

11 years 4 weeks ago #97964

Thank you Nicolas,

I already had turned off error reporting. It appeared I still had 'debug system' turned on. After turning that off the message disappeared. I don't think it really solves the 'problem' It is just not visible anymore.

I previously already had turned on the hikashop user synchronisation plugin and the error still showed.
Well I don't think it is a big matter. I prefer users to register via Hikashop so I don't think it will bother us anymore.

That means turning on the 'Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop Plugin', am I right?

Sjaak

11 years 3 weeks ago #98228

No, it's the Hikashop User Synchronization plugin which needs to be turned on so that users are both added to HikaShop and Joomla when they register.
Note that if you had a problem with an existing user, publishing the plugin won't help for that user as it works only when you create/save the user.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds