Currencies

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 4 weeks ago #97925

Hello. Due to this:

Your main currency is not in the list of currencies supported by the European Central Bank feed. Thus, it is impossible to update your other currencies conversion rate from this feed

I came across a problem that my filter's "dont get" the price. Well. I badly need the help since the price filter simply doesnt work. It was all good before I updated the hikashop, and after that the price filter system failed.

So. In the catalogue I want both currencies displayed - USD and BYR. But the filtering to be made in BYR. The default currency is BYR, but I add the prices for the products in USD, because I am given prices in this currency.

1 United States Dollar is 8 thousand 7 hundred Belarusian Ruble.

Please, help me to configure this screen of the BYR currency (attached screnshot). I tried many options, but it all failed

And what values do I have to put in the USD screen.

Actually, filtering in USD is also possible, but the prices should be given in BYR and/or USD (it doesnt matter)

This is how my filter looks like, set in BYR

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by Shulha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 3 weeks ago #98218

Hi,

I'm not user what you want.
The only thing that needs to be done is to enter the conversion rate in the USD currency if the BYR currency is your main currency, or in the BYR currency if the USD currency is your main currency.
Then, with the currency switcher module, you can change the current currency on the frontend, and the prices will be calculated automatically based on the price entered in USD and the conversion rate you entered in the currencies.

11 years 3 weeks ago #98236

nicolas wrote: Hi,

I'm not user what you want.
The only thing that needs to be done is to enter the conversion rate in the USD currency if the BYR currency is your main currency, or in the BYR currency if the USD currency is your main currency.
Then, with the currency switcher module, you can change the current currency on the frontend, and the prices will be calculated automatically based on the price entered in USD and the conversion rate you entered in the currencies.

Well. My BYR filter ceased working after the Hikashop update. I hired a developer and he made some edition of the filter.php file so as "," appear in the fractions of the digits. I suppose that the update affected somehow this file and all the work was lost so as now my filters doesnt work. Is it possible?

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 3 weeks ago #98444

Hi,

When you change a core file of HikaShop directly you will loose the modifications when you update as the joomla installer overwrites all the files of extensions when it updates them.
that's why we have lot of override systems everywhere so that you can modify the behavior without touching core files.

So yes, you will have to restore the filter.php file from a backup from before the update if you want to get back the modifications that you had in place in it.

11 years 3 weeks ago #98460

nicolas wrote: Hi,

When you change a core file of HikaShop directly you will loose the modifications when you update as the joomla installer overwrites all the files of extensions when it updates them.
that's why we have lot of override systems everywhere so that you can modify the behavior without touching core files.

So yes, you will have to restore the filter.php file from a backup from before the update if you want to get back the modifications that you had in place in it.

Thats quite a pity since I dont have it :). Anyway, thanks for explanation which is helpful for solving further problems.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds