Add to Cart with options only works in Firefox

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 days ago #101574

Hello,

This seems to be a new problem. When I test the "add to cart" on a product with options in Firefox, the product gets added to mini cart and popup shows without any problems.
But when I try the same exact process in IE, Chrome or Safari browsers when I click the "add to cart" on product with options I get no popup and the website opens a page with Error at top.

I've looked at the error logs and just says cannot open page, does not exist. Top of error page, the error message just says Error. No explanation. This is a recent development, please help. If it works on one it should work on all 4 browsers the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 5 days ago #101600

Hi,

can you :
- Try it with a different template (Joomla default templates for example)
- Active the joomla debug mode ("Administration->Global configuration->System->Debug System/Language")
- Set the "error reporting" option of the joomla configuration to "maximum"
- Try again and tell me if it display an error message if not can you show me the error messages that you are having trough your error log file.

Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by Mohamed Thelji.

11 years 5 days ago #101616

I cannot try the default template since this is a live site and has been established for over 2 years.

I did activate the debug mode in joomla both debug system and language, set error reporting to maximum and tried again.

Same error. Screenshot provided of what IE, chrome and safari all show when click "add to cart" on product page.
Went to cpanel error log and the errors recorded are below:

[Tue Apr 30 18:53:47 2013] [error] [client 122.105.121.48] File does not exist: /home/qasigns/public_html/401.shtml, referer: www.qasigns.com.au/administrator/index.p...ikashop&ctrl=product
[Tue Apr 30 16:43:35 2013] [error] [client 199.30.16.19] File does not exist: /home/qasigns/public_html/404.shtml

Attachments:

11 years 4 days ago #101652

Ok, so can you give me a link to your product page for testing purpose ?

11 years 4 days ago #101714

This is the category level url

www.qasigns.com.au/a-frames

Product page with option url:

www.qasigns.com.au/a-frames/product/23-a-frame

Thankyou for any help you can provide.

11 years 3 days ago #101885

Were you able to see the problem? Do you need anything else from me to help you out at all?

11 years 2 days ago #101968

Sure, I've been able to see what the problem is and as you said it's working for Firefox but not for Chrome. I think that the problem is coming from one of your extension called "aiContactSafe", can you disable this extension and try it again ?

10 years 11 months ago #102412

I turned off the extension and the add to cart button on the products with options worked. I have turned the extension back on since it is required for my site and the error did return.

When your add to cart on products with options works it calls this url: www.qasigns.com.au/a-frames/product/24-c...ute-a-frame-?popup=1

When it does not work on the products with options it calls this url: www.qasigns.com.au/index.php?option=com_...ax=1&pf=9&Itemid=506

I'm not a programmer but it looks like the problem occurs if the popup is not supported in the browser.

Can you please help me, I'm not a programmer.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #102486

Hi,

The problem come from aiContactSafe, they are adding data in our POST, so the form is not sent correctly.
You have to contact them, and ask to edit their code to not add data.

10 years 11 months ago #102586

Thankyou for your reply.

Could you please explain if what you said is the case, why everything works in Firefox but not in IE, Chrome or Safari?

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #102607

Hi,

Because IE don't manage the requests the same way than Chrome or Firefox or Safari. Ah IE ...

10 years 11 months ago #102947

Firefox is the only browser it works on, so if Safari and Chrome use the same requests as Firefox logically they should work....correct?

I have contacted the other extension developers and they have looked at it and have come back with the reason why it is happening and a possible way to fix it.

The problem is generated by the fact that you can't have a HTML form in another HTML form and the form they are using for that "Add to cart" button is taking up almost the entire page. So you can't have another form there, no matter what extension it is used.
You need to modify the way that button is implement so each section of the page uses it's own form.
I should say that aiContactSafe doesn't generate a form on the entire HTML page just to have a simple button, so they will have to rewrite their code to have the form only around the button, not on the entire page.

This sounds logical to me but as mentioned I'm not a programmer, I am having to trust your advise and theirs.

Could you please look at things again. I would like to continue using your extension and upgrade if we can get it functioning correctly.

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Jerome.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 11 months ago #103013

Hi,

If you want to fix the problem, you have to not display the "aiContactSafe" form into the HikaShop form.
So, you have to display the "hikashop_product_bottom_part" part, outside of the form.

First, edit the view "product | show_default".
Select the end of the view, since:

<div id="hikashop_product_bottom_part" class="hikashop_product_bottom_part"> ....
And cut it (copy and delete).

Then edit the view "product | show".
Paste the content after the block:
	<input type="hidden" name="ctrl" value="product"/>
	<input type="hidden" name="task" value="updatecart"/>
	<input type="hidden" name="return_url" value="<?php echo urlencode(base64_encode(urldecode($this->redirect_url)));?>"/>
</form>

At this moment, the "hikashop_bottom_part" will be display outside of the hikashop form. So the aiContactSafe form will be outside and will not generate conflicts.

It will work in your case but it could not work in order cases. If there is useful information in the bottom part, they will be not include in the form data so it can generate problems.
In your case, you just have text and the contact form, so it will not create problems, just fixing some.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Jerome.

10 years 11 months ago #103146

Thankyou. Looks like that did the trick. I've still got some testing to do but at least I'm getting the popup and products are adding to cart correctly again.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds