CSV File

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 week ago #103609

HI again

I am trying to set up a spread sheet (csv file) with the correct labels so I can import the data into the shop. I had a read through the forums and see that you suggest to create an item first and then export it to a csv and then you have the labels to work from.

I have tried this and whilst I am having some success, i cant get products to go in to the correct categories.

I am using the label parent_category to define the name of the catgeory but this is actually putting it into the main product category, not the categories that I have made.

I have attached files showing what I am talking about. Can you please let me know what label I should be using and what data I need to put into it

Thanks again
Nigel

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13104
11 years 1 week ago #103610

Hi,

It's the "categories" column name that you need to use for the category name.

The following user(s) said Thank You: solutions

11 years 1 week ago #103616

Ok thanks. How do I display the data in the field for a sub category?

is is boys wear > shirt or boys wear,shirt or boys wear/shirt ??

• Thank you received: 13104
11 years 1 week ago #103619

If you want to put your product in a sub category, if the sub category is already created in your shop, simply enter the name of the sub category in the categories column. Otherwise, you will also have to add a "parent_category" column in your CSV and anter the name of the parent category in that parent_category (thus the name).

The following user(s) said Thank You: solutions

10 years 11 months ago #105691

Hi Nicholas
I am nearly there on this one. just cant work out how the correct headings for attributes and how to get them to add multiples. For instance how do I add the same product in size 10, 12. 14 16 etc

I have added the updated csv file with the options I have tried. If you could let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

File Attachment:

File Name: product_li...5-23.csv
File Size:0 KB

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #105743

Hi,

Have you read that documentation :
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...shop-import.html#csv

I think that your answer is here.

If you don't specify a product_code, it will be generated from the product_name column. If the product_name is not specified it will be generated from the first image or the first file of the images and files column. If based on that the system is not able to find a product_code, the product will be skipped. If a product_code already exists in the database it will be skipped.

Finally, you can also insert variants of products. You will have to specify in the product_parent_id column the product_code of the main product which must be inserted before the variants in the file. You will also have to have column names matching the characteristics in the store.

For example, suppose that you have a product with 1 characteristic being the size and two variants:

product_code,product_parent_id,size

main_product,,big

first_variant,main_product,big

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds