Paid Product Options Behavior in Cart

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #107407

Hi, is it normal for paid product options to appear in the shopping cart with the option for the user to change the quantity?

I have a product where it asks the customer to pick a color before adding to cart. After adding to cart, if the customer clicks on 'Show Cart', the cart displays the original product and the color option. This is fine. But there is also a box next to the color option that shows the quantity, suggesting to the customer that the quantity can be changed. Is that normal or am I missing something? Is there a way for the customer to change the color after adding to cart?

Also, I noticed that deleting the original product seems to delete the option, which makes sense, as long as I only click on the 'Checkout' button to see what's inside the cart. But if I click on 'Show Cart' button instead, I find that the original product is deleted, but the option is not deleted (with quantity zero), and I have to delete the option manually. Is this a bug or am I missing something again?

Thanks, I appreciate your time.

Robin

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by mixsemi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 11 months ago #107437

Hi there,

About the quantity this totally normal, customers can choose the quantity even during the checkout. However, you can easily hide this by editing the checkout cart view in Display>Views or with some css.
For the second issue you have, I tried on my end but couldn't reproduce the bug. This one isn't a normal behavior, do you have the last Hikashop version? If not, try to download it and reinstall it.
You can also provide us a link to your site so we can test it.

10 years 11 months ago #107538

Hi Eliot,

Thank you for your post. I worked around it and disabled the 'Show Cart' link, which was originally created using the Menu Manager and selecting the Hikashop 'Cart Display' type. As long as I don't use this link at all and just stick with the Hikashop Cart Module, I don't see this issue at all, so that's fine and is how I am going to move forward. My website is still very basic, so please don't judge www.aceproto.com :unsure:

Yes, I am using the latest version 2.1.3, just checked it under Update/About.

Thanks for your help once again.

Robin

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 11 months ago #107565

Hi Robin,

Indeed I just tried this way and it seems this module has a bug.
We will work on it and tell you once it's fixed ;)

10 years 10 months ago #107613

Hi Eliot,

Thank you. I appreciate you looking into this issue.

Robin

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 10 months ago #107621

Hi,

I just tried on my local website and it's working fine, when I remove the product, the option is removed in the same time. And that in the cart display too.

Can you try to enable the option "Group options with product" in Configuration > Main > Cart ?

10 years 10 months ago #107623

Hi Xavier,

Yes, I have tried enabling group options with product, and that works as long as I am only using the Hikashop Cart Module.

But if I use the 'Display Cart' menu item under 'Add a Menu Item' under HikaShop in the Joomla Menu Manager, then it doesn't work. I believe this is because it is a different cart program.

Thanks,

Robin

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 10 months ago #107629

You can edit the view "cart / showcart" via the menu Display > Views and add the line:

if($cart->product_quantity == 0 && (int)$cart->cart_product_option_parent_id != 0) continue;
After:
				foreach($this->rows as $cart){

I have made a fix which will be in the next release.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mixsemi

10 years 10 months ago #107632

Xavier, Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds