PayPal Payments Advanced and or Pro

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #107484

Hi, quick question to ask that I can't find a simple answer for. I possibly have a new client that I would want to use this shopping cart but need to have the transactions processed on their site but NOT capture the cc info. I have seen other gateways that can do this via a plugin designed for that. Any chance this is possible using HikaShop and PayPal?

The example is a Virtuemart 2 site with a First Data plugin. The checkout happens on the Joomla site and no ssl is needed. I am not saying I wouldn't use a ssl just this specific site does not need one.

Thanks a bunch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 11 months ago #107517

Hi,

I don't understand your question.

HikaShop have a lot of plugins (more than 60) and for no payment plugin capture the credit card information (except one, but it is goal and it is for a specific usage).
So, with classical payment methods, the credit card information is never captured.

When the credit cart information is enter by the client directly in your website, a SSL is recommended. You can do not set one but, it will be at your own risk because it wouldn't be secure to receive some credit card information without SSL.
So, the First Data plugin without SSL on Virtuemart 2 or on HikaShop is possible but quite dangerous.

After that, there is a lot of payment plugin which does not ask for the credit card in your site but in the payment website (like paypal but it is not the only one).
You can take a look at the payment plugin list (the HikaShop one and other made by some external developers):
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation.html
Or look at all payment plugins which are installed by default with HikaShop.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 11 months ago #107594

It sounds like you answered my question but I would like to clarify.

1. I want to accept the payments on my site, no redirect.
  2. I don't want to capture any credit card numbers.
  3. I want to use the PayPal plugin

Yes I agree, I would advise for a SSL.

Thanks again for your help

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 11 months ago #107601

Hi,

2.3. you'll just have to do it with the Hikashop Paypal plugin

1. However, the Paypal plugin will redirect your customer through the Paypal payment platform.

Hope this will help you a little.

10 years 11 months ago #107628

I think maybe I am having a hard time explaining this. It's a very simple question really. Probably because I haven't setup something like this it seems too obvious. This is a question from someone who knows nothing about this process.

Here's what I don't know and would like to know. I want to use PayPal Payments Advanced or PayPal Payments Pro. Does the HikaShop PayPal plugin support the transaction on my website and not have to go to PayPal to complete the transaction?

Here is what PayPal says: So I know it's possible. I just don't know if it is with HikaShop.
Accept credit cards and PayPal directly on your website.
Keep customers on your site for the entire checkout process without the full burden of protecting their financial data. In addition to a merchant account and gateway in one, PayPal provides you with a secure checkout template to integrate within your website. Your customers won't know that we're processing their payment, making your business look more secure and professional. It also works with the most popular shopping carts

thanks

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by DaveOzric.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 10 months ago #107687

Hi,

Did you read the list of the HikaShop payment plugins ?
You will see: Paypal Standard and Paypal Pro

The paypal plugin is the paypal plugin, like Mohamed told you, this plugin uses a redirection.
The paypal pro plugin uses the "PayPal Payments Pro" like you want and does not have redirection.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 10 months ago #107798

Perfect, when I looked at the payment plugins they both show a return url so I wasn't sure.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds