Product characteristics and checkout

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #108514

Hi,

I've added a characteristic option to my products because I charge a different price based on size. However, since adding the characteristic the products are not being added to the cart correctly. No matter what (variant) I select the same size and quantity is always added to the cart (one piece in ASM). also the specification tab is no longer there. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Below is a link to the test product I have on my site. You can witness the problem.

www.idaniko.com/hikashop-menu-for-produc...o-tank-metallic.html

Thanks,

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by jwatson912. Reason: added info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13104
10 years 11 months ago #108542

Hi,

You apparently modified the show_tabular or show view file and broke the HTML causing the last variant to be added all the time.
If you change the product layout to "default" in the configuration that will work properly.
It you want to keep using the tabular layout, I recommend to remove any modification made to these view files (show and show_tabular) via the menu Display->Views and if that doesn't help, download again the latest version on our website and install it again.

10 years 11 months ago #108691

Okay, you are correct when I change the layout to default, the product works fine, and the item is added to the cart correctly. However, I do like the tabular layout.

So,
I completely re-installed hikashop. I've have made no modifications to any files. The tubular layout still breaks when a characteristic/variant is added to the product. If I remove the characteristic from the product it works correctly. Quantities are added to the cart correctly, and the specification tab reappears. Do you have any other advice.

I really appreciate your help on this one!

Thanks,

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 11 months ago #108925

Hi there,

It seems your website isn't accessible so could please PM us login and password?
We'll try to take a look.

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 11 months ago #109191

I think your view is still edited. Reinstalling Hikashop doesn't delete the view.
GO in Display>Views and find the tabular view. Then click on the little trashcan. It should solve your issue.

10 years 11 months ago #109385

HI

I deleted the files "show" and "show tabular" and replaced them via FTP. This didn't fix the problem. So, I completely cleared my website of all content and rebuilt the site. I made sure not to modify any files. Next, I installed Hikashop from your website. Again, I didn't modify any files. I added characteristics, and then added a product. It still does not correctly add the product variant to the cart using the tabular layout.

Here's what I've noticed:

When I remove the variant from the product, and view it in tabular layout It looks and works fine. I can increase the quantity on the products page and it adds it the correct quantity to the cart. This did not happen when i added a variant. It always added 1 piece to the cart regardless of the quantity selected on the product page.

Also, when I remove the variant from the product in tabular layout the "specification" tab reappears. The specification tab is not present when a variant is added to the product in tabular layout.

Also, In tabular layout... When a variant is present and a product is added to the cart, it only adds 1 piece regardless of quantity selected on the product page. It also only adds the last variant on the list regardless of what variant was selected on the product page.

Can you try to reproduce this issue on your site. Please take a product and add variants (small, medium, large, x-large). Then switch the layout to tabular, and see if the product quantities and variants are added to the cart as you selected them on the product page. Also, notice if the specifications tab disappears after adding a variant to product in tabular layout.

I can't figure this out, and we really want to use the tabular layout. If you could verify variants in the tabular layout work correctly i would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your help,

• Thank you received: 4006
10 years 11 months ago #109433

Hi,

The access you gave by private message does not work anymore.
We can't access to the website.

Deleting the files in HikaShop is not the right way. If you have an override, the files are stored in the template folder.
You can delete the overrides in the HikaShop backend or using FTP, in the folder: "templates/your_template_name/html/com_hikashop/..."

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 11 months ago #109448

HI,

I was not able to delete the files in the back end. I tried deleting them using FTP and replaced them with files from hikashop zip file and it didn't work. I've sent a new user and password to Jerome in a PM. Can you take a look and see what whats going on. I removed all files including joomla and reloaded. then installed hikashop. I cant figure out whats wrong since all files are new and unmodified. Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13104
10 years 11 months ago #109511

Hi,

Thank you for the access to the backend.

I actually found a problem with the tabular form which appears only in some specific case that you have on your product page.
I've modified the code of the show_tabular view file on your end and it's now working.

We'll also add the fix on our end for next version and do additional tests.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jwatson912

10 years 11 months ago #109539

Hi,

Can you also take a look to see why the "specifications tab" disappears when a variant is added to the product in the tabular layout?

Thank you for the fix... you guys are a life saver!!! :)

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #109581

Hi,

Thanks to edit the view "product / show_tabular" and replace the code:

// Hide or display the specifications of the product
	$hide_specs = 1;
	if($this->element->product_weight != 0 || $this->element->product_width != 0 || $this->element->product_height != 0 || $this->element->product_length != 0)
		$hide_specs = 0;
	foreach ($this->fields as $fieldName => $oneExtraField) {
		$value = '';
		if(empty($this->element->$fieldName) && !empty($this->element->main->$fieldName))$this->element->$fieldName = $this->element->main->$fieldName;
		if(isset($this->element->$fieldName))
			$value = trim($this->element->$fieldName);
		if(!empty($value))
			$hide_specs = 0;
	}
// EO Hide or Display the specifications of the product
By:
// Hide or display the specifications of the product
	$hide_specs = 1;
	if($this->element->product_weight != 0 || $this->element->product_width != 0 || $this->element->product_height != 0 || $this->element->product_length != 0 || $this->element->main->product_weight != 0 || $this->element->main->product_width != 0 || $this->element->main->product_height != 0 || $this->element->main->product_length != 0)
		$hide_specs = 0;
	foreach ($this->fields as $fieldName => $oneExtraField) {
		$value = '';
		if(empty($this->element->$fieldName) && !empty($this->element->main->$fieldName))$this->element->$fieldName = $this->element->main->$fieldName;
		if(isset($this->element->$fieldName))
			$value = trim($this->element->$fieldName);
		if(!empty($value))
			$hide_specs = 0;
	}
// EO Hide or Display the specifications of the product

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds