Categories Listing showing products

• Thank you received: 6
10 years 11 months ago #110820

Hi,
I am setting up a brand new shop. installed hikashop and then made a menu for 'categories listings' and called the menu item 'Shop'.

I have 2 categories and 3 products in the shop. When i click on the menu item for shop I would expect to be taken to a page with showing 2 categories, instead i see the 2 categories and below that the 3 products

I cannot for the life of me work out why these products are showing!

also the categories have a dot to the left of each item as if they are an unordered list. I am assuming my Shape5 Vertex joomla template is overriding something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 11 months ago #110842

Hi there,

I think you should check your menu configuration, you probably have an assigned module which is configured to display your product.
Just unnpublish this module of it display whatever you want :).
About the dot, it's indeed probably a template override, take a look at the css with the inspect element feature of your browser and try to find where this css rule does come from.

• Thank you received: 6
10 years 11 months ago #110988

No i dont. I have checked numerous times and there is no assigned module in menu configuration.

I even turned off all hika modules and it still displays.

simple things like this drive me insane. Why cant it just be a normal joomla module managed by the joomla module manager!!!!!!!1

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 11 months ago #111002

Could you please provide a link to your website so I can take a look and tell you what's wrong?

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 11 months ago #111007

Is it possible that your 3 products are not only published in the right product categorie but also in the "product category" ..... this means that each product will be displayed in the root of your categories.... Look at each product to verify.

Kind regards,
Cornel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds