ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 3 months ago #189239

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome 40.0.2214.94
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data. Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Hello,
I just installed hikashop locally,
I am at the control panel of hikashop, however whatever link I click on, for example "categories"I get a page with the error no data received "Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data. Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

Please, help, thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 3 months ago #189244

Hi,

Do you have this issue only with HikaShop ?
If it is, please try to install it again over the current install.

Else it is more a server issue than an HikaShop one.

9 years 1 month ago #194835

@Manton,

Did you manage to fix the error? I have the same issue and it's driving me crazy!

@Xavier,

I have the same issue as Manton and I tried you suggestion to him but it didn't work for me.

This error appears ONLY when I want to access the following sections: Products, Categories, Users and Orders. All other sections in Hikashop work perfectly. Me thinks it's either a bug in hikashop or my web server.

I am using:
-HikaShop Starter 2.4.0
-Joomla! 3.4.0 Stable
-Php 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.6
-Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)

I will really appreciate any help :)

Rgds

• Thank you received: 13081
9 years 1 month ago #194887

Hi,

If it was a bug in HikaShop, a lot of people would have the problem and would have reported it. We only two persons reporting it, it looks either like an issue with the way the server is setup, or with another extension on your website.

Unfortunately, that error message is a generic one displayed by apache and doesn't give any information on where the problem is coming from.
There are several things you can do here in order to understand where the problem comes from:
- look at the PHP error log of your website. Normally, there should be a "Fatal error" message logged at the end of the log file when the error happens with the file and line number where the issue happened.
- try to disable the other extensions one by one and see each time if that helps. Chances are that it comes from a plugin of the "system" group.
- do a backup of your website and restore it (you can do these with Akeeba Backup) on your local computer with a text web server like wamp and hopefully, you'll get a better error message with useful information.

9 years 1 month ago #194889

Hi Nicolas,

Actually it was a problem with my webserver, apache2 to be precise. I solved the problem by disabling all the modules and enabling one by one until I found "the bastard" - I even forgot the name of the damn module.

Thanks anyway!

• Thank you received: 1
8 years 7 months ago #215381

thedarkwarrior wrote: I have the same issue as Manton and I tried you suggestion to him but it didn't work for me.

This error appears ONLY when I want to access the following sections: Products, Categories, Users and Orders. All other sections in Hikashop work perfectly. Me thinks it's either a bug in hikashop or my web server.

I have the same problem as above, Products, Categories, Users and Orders give an err_empty_response error page.

We are using version 2.5, we have used it for some time on another server.
After migration this was the only thing not working. So it is server based.

I have deleted the old installation, dropped the database, and reinstalled from zero, only to find, that at the end of installation, the wizard also gave an err_empty_response page.

I need help, what should I change on my server to get HikaShop running?

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 7 months ago #215393

Hi,

Please check the Nicolas' message above.
Regarding the answer of "thedarkwarrior", his issue was related to a webserver module ; so you should check that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 7 months ago #215433

nicolas wrote: There are several things you can do here in order to understand where the problem comes from:
- look at the PHP error log of your website. Normally, there should be a "Fatal error" message logged at the end of the log file when the error happens with the file and line number where the issue happened.
- try to disable the other extensions one by one and see each time if that helps. Chances are that it comes from a plugin of the "system" group.
- do a backup of your website and restore it (you can do these with Akeeba Backup) on your local computer with a text web server like wamp and hopefully, you'll get a better error message with useful information.

- Nothing in the PHP error log. Nothing gets logged at the moment I try to click the pages that give the err_empty_response.
- Turned off every other extension, plugin and module one by one, and only Hikashop produces this error.
- We are on a virtual private server (Hika worked perfectly on a normal shared server, doesn't work on a more expensive one, go figure), tried all the PHP error reporting tools, no results.

There is only one thing I can add, if that helps:
Joomla error reporting is set to standard. If I set it to maximum or development, Joomla fails completely (every page) with Content Encoding Error (gzip is 1).

I'm asking on this forum, because I have tried everything I know of. And I don't have any idea why I see that empty page.

• Thank you received: 13081
8 years 7 months ago #215460

Hi,

- If you don't get anything logged in the PHP error log, it could mean that the error logging is disabled on your web server. Make sure that it is activated in your php.ini
- This would confirm that it doesn't come from a third party plugin but some setting of your web server.
- If it's really something related to the web server, the best would be to seek advice with your hosting company. Maybe there is something they can change, in the way the server is setup to avoid the issue.

8 years 6 months ago #216322

Had to take off the gloves with my web hosting. They finally researched it, and found that they had to turn off the X-Cache module in PHP to make it work.

Funny thing is: our joomla setting have Cache OFF, because it runs faster with cache off than memcache or xcache on.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds