media/com_hikashop/upload to image folder

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
8 years 1 week ago #236948

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45

hi, we have been using hikashop from long time ago, but just reliased that the image folder had actually change to images/com_hikashop/upload after certain version

how can we move this folder so that make it indexable by search engine?

and also, we notice a lot of picture are actually old product that no longer in database, not sure why it is not deleted when we delete the product

it is now taking 2.1GB, is there any way we can remove all picture that are not currently in use?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 1 week ago #236973

Hi,

That folder is indexable, unless you added it in your robots.txt as to be not indexable.
docs.joomla.org/Robots.txt_file

You can remove all the thumbnails folders there. The system will automatically recreate them when necessary.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ler@singmuiheng.com

• Thank you received: 35
2 months 1 week ago #359149

Hi Nicolas,
PHP 8.1.27 + Joomla 4.4.2 + HikaShop 5.0.3

1 - the "images/com_hikashop/upload" folder and subfolder is automatically created during Joomla installation.
If we change the "HS > Configuration > Files > Upload folder" setting and we re-install HS, the folder is created again, because it is not taking care of the input setting.
A finest installation / upgrade process should take care of that setting, if exist, and, in case, to create the folder as in thevsetting and do not create the default "images/com_hikashop/upload" each time.
Do you agree ?

2 - the thumbnails folders are named with the "Thumbnail (width x height)" setting values, something like "100x100", Right?
So, we should manually delete that main folder each time we change the "Thumbnail (width x height)" setting values, because the folder will not change automatically it's name. Am I right ?

Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by joomleb.

2 months 1 week ago #359160

Hi,

1. It's not the HikaShop installer which does that. It's actually Joomla which creates that folder based on the data in the XML of the HikaShop install package. That XML can't be changed on the fly based on the database so that's why it always recreate that folder during an update if you've deleted it.
Now, while that is true that the install process won't create the folder you have configured in the HikaShop configuration, HikaShop itself will be creating it when you try to upload something if the folder is missing.

2. HikaShop won't be deleting the thumbnails folder. So if you don't need the thumbnails in a thumbnails folder, you sure can delete the folder.
Even if you need thumbnails in there, if you delete them and HikaShop need them, it will just automatically recreate them when needed.

2 months 1 week ago #359182

Hi,

1 - So, it is not an "issue", we have to take care of it manually during the "installation":
By change it in the XML file before the installation
Or by manually deleting the folder after the installation
Right?

2 - I mean, each time we change the "Thumbnail (width x height)" setting values, HS will create a new folder named with the new values, Right?

2 months 1 week ago #359185

Hi,

1. Changing the XML will be difficult.
You could manually delete the folder after the installation, but why bother for an empty folder ? You could just ignore it, no ?

2. Right.

2 months 1 week ago #359207

Hi Nicolas,

1 - Because it is into the .../images folder that is accesible from other users to upload/manage images from different components. That folder is organized with sub folders following the site organization.
When users see a "strange" com_hikashop folder, they go into "panic" and write us requesting support...
Just it

2 months 1 week ago #359212

Hi,

Ok, that is a valid concern. However, I checked on my end and the upload folders, secure or not, a created during an install and an update based on the settings. So by default, the are created in media/com_hikashop/upload and images/com_hikasohp/upload/ but if you change the settings and delete these folders, they won't be recreated when you update or reinstall HikaShop on the website.
So you should actually be fine, no ?

2 months 1 week ago #359232

Hi Nicolas,
Yes.
As I wrote here
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/install-u...e-folder.html#359149
I was "sure" (I tested it before to post) it was not running as expected, but after your last post I re tested it again and, you are right, it is working as expected, the "images/com_hikashop/upload" folder has not been recreated.

I'm really sorry for my false report because I know how much the time is precious.
Thank You

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds