Update to 3.0.0 was a disaster for my website

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #260420

-- url of the page with the problem -- : morenadancewear.com.au
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.6.5

Hi,
I updated my hikashop version to 3.0.0 but that was a disaster. The products were listed in one column although it was set to two. The "Choose Options" button under the product was changed to "Add to Cart" and there was no way to reverse that (it was for some of the categories but other worked well, which was weird"). I have already read that many people had faced similar problems which mainly due to CSS, but in my case I am using hikashop CSS (installed a while ago). I had reversed the version back to 2.6.4 but I think this is only a temporary solution as I would like to take advantage of any new updates. Please advise ASAP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 2 months ago #260464

This is my biggest concern and I understand a major upgrade will bring this kind of risks.
Therefore I am thinking to first test it in an isolated environment. (copy of the current website)
I have customised CSS and other changes applied over the last few years.

My question: How difficult was it to revert back to version 2.6.4 ?

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #260474

Wasn't very hard to revert back to 2.6.4, it was just a matter of reinstalling the software! (or maybe I got lucky)

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 2 months ago #260428

Hi,

You can fix the 1 column issue by removing the code:

.hikashop_subcategories div.hikashop_category, .hikashop_products_listing div.hikashop_product {
	float: left;
	width:100%;
}
in your CSS files that you can edit via the HikaShop configuration.

Regarding the add to cart option, it's hard to say without being able to look at the issue.
First thing to try is to check if you have the same problem with the default template of Joomla.
If you do, then the problem is with the override views you made in your template or that your template provide. One of the files is not compatible with the new system.
Try renaming the files under the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ via FTP one by one until you find the one causing the issue.

If you have the same problem with the default template of Joomla, then the problem is probably actually a fix of a bug you had with the previous version and/or a setting issue.
We would need to look at how your menu item is configured and the settings of one of the products with that issue in order to be able to say more on that.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #260646

Hi,
It seems that having the right template is part of the problem (I haven't tried any solution yet). I am keeping the current version until I try to resolve this issue. Do you recommend any template that is version hikashop 3.0.0 friendly? I think the best way out of it at this stage!

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 2 months ago #260665

Hi,

For the moment we did not have feedback from template partners.
But we know that our demo website has been migrated in 15 minutes.
Nicolas just had to add few CSS lines (less than 10 rules) and remove one single view override.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #260715

How about this template (from your partners):
www.rcatheme.com/joomla-templates/gti-sh...op-template/template
Also, do new styles resolve the issue?
(btw, thank you for the attentive service)

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 2 months ago #260716

Hi,

1. We didn't test that template with HikaShop 3.0.0. The only two templates we tried it with are protostar and the one on our demo website.
2. Styles won't help. If the template has custom CSS and/or custom views made specifically for HikaShop 1.x/2.x then it's possible that some things might not work or display properly with it.
It could be only some alignment gone wrong on the page, all the way to fatal errors in some view override due to the changes we made. We do a our best to have HikaShop be as backward compatible as possible. That's why we have a checkout legacy and add to cart legacy which can be used instead of the new checkout and add to cart system if your template works better with them.
The short answer is that if you want a template that is guaranted to display well with HikaShop 3.0.0 working properly with it, the best for now is to use a template that doesn't have specific CSS or view overrides for HikaShop. The drawback is that you'll have the default look of HikaShop. Otherwise, you can contact your template provider to ask them about HikaShop 3.0.0 compatibility. The more people ask them, the faster they'll update their template to work well with HikaShop 3.x

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #261368

Apology for taking time to get back to you. However, I have been trying to get around the problem by upgrading one of our minor websites running Protostar template. Although the problem of the "one item per line" is not present however the "Choose Options" button has been replaced by "Add to Cart" which is deceiving to our customers and may not be able to select the characteristic they need for their order (hence loosing customers). the link is:
salsashoes.com.au/hikashop-menu-for-prod...ies-salsa-shoes.html
Are we able to do something about this issue first before tackling the other problem. (I can test all upgrade issue with salsashoes.com.au before doing this to my main website morenadancewear,com.au)

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #261369

Sorry I revert the website salsashoes,com,au back to 2.6.4 so the "Choose Options" problem can be resolved, however I am happy to give you admin access should you wish to test the problem.
Regards

7 years 2 months ago #261398

Hi,

Without more details about that "add to cart" issue, I'm afraid that we won't be able to understand what was going on.
Because we fixed some issues in the past weeks and some of them were about the display of the "add to cart" instead of "choose options".
But without details about your products, your settings and the build you were using ; we won't be able to check if it was related or else.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #261496

As I said, I am happy to give you admin access so you can test the problem. You could install 3.0.0 and see for yourself!

7 years 2 months ago #261498

Hi,

The first step for our support is to reproduce the issue on a local website.
We do not perform debugging on external website except if we did all previous tests before and it did not successed.
Accessing to an external website is really time consuming and does not allow our team to work as a team.
Having detailed information in a thread is far better for us because the information is there and anybody of our team can get exactly what we need and that information is fixed in time.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #261551

Understood.
I have upgrated salsashoes.com.au to version 3 and leave it for the next 12 hours or so, I am hoping that you could see the problem and manage to assist in resolving it. Pages arfe:
salsashoes.com.au/ladies-shoes/salsa-latin.html
salsashoes.com.au/ladies-shoes/ballroom.html
salsashoes.com.au/men-shoes.html
(All pages that is)
Regards

7 years 2 months ago #261558

Hi,

I'm afraid that you still don't read my request.

We need to have screeenshots of your settings, configuration and product configuration.
You can also send us screenshot to illustrate the issue in the front-end, like "add to cart" in the listing while it should be "choose options" regarding the settings of the products in the backend !

But your link show us one interesting thing : you do not have the latest version of the packages so you do not have the latest fixes.
Your build number : 1701251625, so January 25

Because we fixed some issues in the past weeks and some of them were about the display of the "add to cart" instead of "choose options".

Please update

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #261619

Hi,
I have just installed the latest version of HikaShop Business. Also, took some snapsots for the following category:
www.salsashoes.com.au/ladies-shoes/salsa-latin.html
Please let me know if you require more info.

Attachments:

7 years 2 months ago #261745

Hi,

Thanks for the details.

So your "shoes" are using "item custom fields" and these fields are not required (sizeladiesau, heelladieslatin)
And in your product listing, you configured the product listing to not display the "custom field fields".

Because these fields are not required, they are "optional" ; it means that HikaShop (and the customer) have the right to add the product with the default value of the fields.

You can either :
- Make the custom item field required.
- Display the item fields in the listing.

By making the field requires, you will get a "choose options" instead of a "add to cart" in your product listings.
Because a required field is not visible in the listing, the customer cannot add the product like that, he need to select a value and the default value is not authorized.

By displaying the custom item field in the listing, the customer would still have the "add to cart" but will be able to choose the value he wants directly.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Jerome. Reason: typo

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 months ago #261763

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. As shown in attachment I have changed the "Custom Item Field" to "Yes" however I am failing to understand where to change the second option you suggested: "Display the item fields in the listing". Could you please give a more detailed instruction?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 2 months ago #261783

Hello,

You'll be able to change the "Display the item fields in the listing" option of your custom field through its configuration page via "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields" by using the "Front-end Listing" option.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kchahine

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds