Hikashop login form rather ugly and unreadable - how replace it ?

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 1 month ago #263190

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all

Hello,
I use hikashop login form in the checkout process (step 2) but the display is rather ugly and not clear for the customer (see screenshot at prntscr.com/ec0c97 ).
I've tried to replace it by other modules like "BT login" or "SClogin" but i didnt succeed (new module is displayed on any page you have designated, but not on the hikashop "step 2" connexion page, where hikashop login form stills displayed)

My questions are :
- Is it possible to replace the hikashop login-register module ?
- If yes, What is the complete procedure to display the new module in its place in the hikashop login page

Thanks for you help
Alain - France

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
7 years 1 month ago #263193

Hi,

1. It's not possible to replace the login form inside the checkout.
2. What you can do is turn off the "login" setting of the checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration and then enable the Joomla login module (or another login module) to be displayed in a position of your checkout menu item.
3. Note however that the login module display like that because of the CSS of your template.
By default, without any CSS from the template interfering (so on a protostar template), it displays like that:
monosnap.com/file/HMzhZwLnGfLvVEslVuJgAU932rT2ZW
It's not terrific, but at least everything is aligned as it should. We try to have as less CSS as possible for the elements of HikaShop so that templates and web designers can easily style the elements of the HikaShop interface.

7 years 1 month ago #263270

Hi,
thank-you for your prompt response !
it seems, i'll cant get the result you show with my template. I cant undersdand why. too bad !
Anyway, to avoid wasting time, I selected the guest option only, as i did on my website in operation where it happens that customers cancel and restart their order without any problem by redeclaring the mail address... In this site under construction, I get a message that the email address is already registered. How to remove this blockage when gest option is selected ?
Thanks
Alain

• Thank you received: 13064
7 years 1 month ago #263275

Hi,

You indeed can't use again an email address as a guest if you already have a user account with that email address. In that case, you're suppose to login with your user account or use another email address.
That's for security reason so that someone can't get access to private information of someone's user account by simply knowing his email address.
So I would recommend to either enable the Joomla login module on the checkout, or fix the CSS so that it displays properly, or delete the user accounts so that the customers can use their email address with the guest checkout form.

7 years 1 month ago #263377

Hi,
that'ok ! i've forgotten that the email adress i used for test was allready a user account one !
thks

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds