Update to Joomla 3.8.2 and Hikashop 3.2.1 Breaks a LOT of stuff

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #283712

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

So, I had been speaking with Nicolas and Jerome about my site being updated to Joomla 3.8.2 and Hikashop 3.2.1 on this thread...

www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...elect-next-page.html

Where is was causing an issue moving from one product page to another. The resolution there was to change "Redirect POST mode" to YES. I did that, and tested it and it worked...so I continued to see if I could break things...and I have found SEVERAL issues...so I've turned this back to NO for now.

#1 - When looking at your cart, you cannot select ANY shipping method. It defaults to Priority Mail, and when you try to select First Class...it will not change.

#2 - When trying to check out, it asks to select an address, even though an address is already selected (see image "Select Address" attached)

#3 - When trying to edit the address shown, I get an error saying I have to fill in the associated fields (see image "Edit Address" attached)

So...I'm using the contact us form to send you guys login credentials with admin rights. Can you guys please look into this. I've tried everything I know and cannot resolve the issues. Thank you very much

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #283732

Hello,

Please provide information regarding from which version you are doing your migration.
An update from HikaShop 3.1 to HikaShop 3.2 is not the same than a migration from HikaShop 2.6 to HikaShop 3.2

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #283787

Jerome wrote: Hello,

Please provide information regarding from which version you are doing your migration.
An update from HikaShop 3.1 to HikaShop 3.2 is not the same than a migration from HikaShop 2.6 to HikaShop 3.2

Regards,

I'm going from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1...newest download from the Hikashop downloads on my account.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #283797

Jerome...I've also just noticed it says hikashop_social above the image in every product listing. That was never there before too. I've attached a screen shot

Attachments:

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284120

Any word on this guys?

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 3 months ago #284208

Hi,

I've had a look at the different points you're talking about with the access you provided but I don't see any of these issues.
No error with the address, I can change the shipping method without any problem, I can finish the checkout, I don't get the {hikashop_social} tag on the product page as it is properly replaced by the social networks like buttons, etc.

I've checked but your staging website is still using the 3.2.1.
So All I can think of is that you had some cache in your browser preventing you from having the latest versions of all the JS files of HikaShop and it created these problems.
Try clearing your browser's cache and try again.
For me, it all looks fine.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284211

That is very odd...I'm mobile right now and everything is working ok.

When I get home tonight from work...I'll try it again...but I tried several browsers and 2 different computers and it was doing everything I posted previously.

I'll give an update as soon as I can...thank you.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284215

Maybe an extension like adblock ?

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284240

BridgePlus wrote: Maybe an extension like adblock ?

Nope...no extensions like that on the site.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284241

nicolas wrote: Hi,

I've had a look at the different points you're talking about with the access you provided but I don't see any of these issues.
No error with the address, I can change the shipping method without any problem, I can finish the checkout, I don't get the {hikashop_social} tag on the product page as it is properly replaced by the social networks like buttons, etc.

I've checked but your staging website is still using the 3.2.1.
So All I can think of is that you had some cache in your browser preventing you from having the latest versions of all the JS files of HikaShop and it created these problems.
Try clearing your browser's cache and try again.
For me, it all looks fine.

Nicolas...this is very odd, it was obviously doing what I showed as I have images, and even tried other browsers and computers. So...I've destroied the staging copy, and made a new one, updated Joomla & HikaShop to current versions...and it's doing it all again, so something got changed somehow to resolve the issue on the previous staging copy. I'll send over new access info right now.

Thank you

6 years 3 months ago #284266

Hi,

Then it's probably that you have some caching on your website which lead to only some of the files reflecting the update.
For example, maybe your template has CSS or js caching/compression/optimization, or you have a specific extension which does that, or some more generic caching extension.
Please check on these because since we didn't change anything on your staging website and you didn't either, I can only think that it comes from a cache that expired and that's why I didn't see the issue when I looked as the cache had already expired and that why you have the problem again if you reset your staging website.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284289

Then it's probably that you have some caching on your website which lead to only some of the files reflecting the update.
For example, maybe your template has CSS or js caching/compression/optimization, or you have a specific extension which does that, or some more generic caching extension.
Please check on these because since we didn't change anything on your staging website and you didn't either, I can only think that it comes from a cache that expired and that's why I didn't see the issue when I looked as the cache had already expired and that why you have the problem again if you reset your staging website.

No problem, I will triple check everything again...but I'm 99.9% sure I got all those cache's cleared. The template does have one, as does the site obviously. Let me look on the cpanel later today as well as I know that was cleared too...but maybe I missed one. I'll report back as soon as I can.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284311

OK...double & triple checked everything. Cleared all caches including my browser and even restarted my computers, phone, and tablet. Issues are still present.

I also noticed the newest version of Joomla is available, 3.8.3...so I updated to it to see if it would clear any issues, and it's all still having the same problems. Can someone please take a look. Thank you

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284316

I mean adblock on your browser, not your website.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284317

No I don't have one of those either.

6 years 3 months ago #284326

Hi,

I do see the problem on your new staging website.
However I don't see why it would do that.
The data from the checkout page is properly sent to the server.
It's like the data is missing when it arrives to HikaShop on the server side and thus HikaShop just redisplay the page without changing anything.
There are several things you can try:
- try using the new checkout
- try changing the "session handler" of Joomla.
- try to copy that website on your localhost and see if you have the problem there. If no, then it could well be a server related issue.
- try deactivating the system plugins one by one and see if that changes anything.
- try switching to the default template and see if that helps

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284351

I must be living under a rock...

There's a new checkout system?

6 years 3 months ago #284359

Hi,

Yes. You can turn off the "legacy" settings under the "advanced" tab of the HikaShop configuration in order to switch to the new systems.
When you update from a HikaShop 2.x version, these settings are activated so that you don't see any change after the update (in case you had customization etc). It's been almost 1 year that these settings are there :)

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284439

Ok...found it, thank you.

I tried switching to the "new" cart system...and it broke things more. I couldn't add or do anything. I'll try again once this current issue is resolved. Guess I'm going hunting in the next few days to see if I can figure it out.

I'll let you know ASAP

Thank you

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #284825

I do see the problem on your new staging website.
However I don't see why it would do that.
The data from the checkout page is properly sent to the server.
It's like the data is missing when it arrives to HikaShop on the server side and thus HikaShop just redisplay the page without changing anything.
There are several things you can try:
- try using the new checkout
- try changing the "session handler" of Joomla.
- try to copy that website on your localhost and see if you have the problem there. If no, then it could well be a server related issue.
- try deactivating the system plugins one by one and see if that changes anything.
- try switching to the default template and see if that helps

Ok, other than copying the staging site to a localhost (I don't have that ability or knowledge)...I've done everything asked, and nothing has worked. I've even updated to the newest version of Hikashop which is marked 3.2.2 along with Joomla! 3.8.3...and still nothing.

Could one of you guys look in to this please?

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds