Issues after Upgrading

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 4 months ago #283943

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.litterpicks.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Using Hikashop Business and Hikamarket. I recently upgraded the 2.0 version of Hikamarket and have a couple of questions. I'm asking them in Hikashop Forum because someone with same issue asked in Hikamarket forum and was told it was a Hikashop issue

Two issues:
1) On product creation page, the Yes/No buttons no longer highlight when clicked so there is no way to tell if the product will be published or not. the Hikamarket forum help stated the following, but a solution was not given:
"please note that the "yes/no" is using the HikaShop 3 core CSS file (used for the new cart buttons)"
Has anyone figured out why this is happening? Using RCA theme Explorer (designed for hikashop) and didn't have issues until upgrading Hikamarket

2) When creating a new product, if a required field is skipped, an error message is given on page reload. That is fine, however all of the fields that were filled in now are blank. Lose all the info that was input already. this is new after upgrade.

Thoughts on either?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #283945

Hello,

Using Hikashop Business and Hikamarket. I recently upgraded the 2.0 version of Hikamarket and have a couple of questions. I'm asking them in Hikashop Forum because someone with same issue asked in Hikamarket forum and was told it was a Hikashop issue

Where ?

Regarding your two issues ; please provide a full context.
For example, we don't know if you're talking about backend or front-end interface.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 4 months ago #284505

Figured out the button styling. It was a custom code we'd done. That is fixed.

Still have an issue with filling in forms on the front end. If a vendor is logged in and creating a new product, if they skip a required field and hit "Save", the error message is shown to fix the field but now all the other fields that were filled in are cleared out. It does not happen in the shopping cart/checkout process, but only seems to be with the vendor creating new products.

Any thoughts on what to check?

6 years 4 months ago #284526

Hello,

You're still not answer to my original question.
Where was that thread you're talking about ?

I'm asking them in Hikashop Forum because someone with same issue asked in Hikamarket forum and was told it was a Hikashop issue

Regarding your last message, you're providing some usefull information BUT, without the error message you have and more details about your custom fields ; I'm afraid that we can't help you much.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 4 months ago #284561

Sorry that you didn't follow our ask. Here are the steps

1) Vendor is logged in to the front of the website
2) Go to their account and chose "Product" folder
3) Click on "Add a Product"
4) Enter info into fields -- name, price, description, custom fields, etc
5) They mess up and forget to put information in any REQUIRED CUSTOM FIELDS and hit "SAVE"
6) Page reloads and gives them message at top to "FILL IN REQUIRED FIELDS"

This is all great....HOWEVER...all the fields that they already filled in PRIOR to hitting SAVE are now CLEARED. None of the work they did before hitting "SAVE" is saved...they have to start over...annoying.

I'm attaching two screenshots showing fields filled in and then what happens after they hit "SAVE".

Hopefully that explains our problem.

Attachments:

6 years 4 months ago #284569

Hello,

I performed a test in my local website, using HikaShop 3.2.1 and HikaMarket 2.0.1 and I cannot reproduce your issue.
If I enter some information, let one required product custom field empty and then press the "apply" button (or "save" one), I got back the product edition page with all the data I wrote in the fields.
That work is done by the HikaShop field system. When there is a failure, the process is loading the data which has been entered and put it into the user "session". And when the product edition page is displayed, that data in the "session" is detected and loaded instead of the getting it into the database.

Please, be sure to be up to date with the latest version of HikaShop and HikaMarket.
If the problem persist ; please first perform a test in the demo website to check if you can reproduce the problem there.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 4 months ago #284611

Thanks for reply. I tried your demo site and works fine. I've tried my site on both Internet Explorer and Firefox with the same result of fields clearing when "Save" or "Apply" and a required custom product field is left blank.

We have Hikashop Business 3.2.1 and Market 2.0.0.

Are there any other settings we should investigate regarding user "sessions"? We tested the shopping cart and those fields save fine. it seems to be just adding a product on the front end by a logged in vendor.

6 years 4 months ago #284612

Hello,

So please re-read my previous message and follow the update instructions.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 4 months ago #284945

Everything is up to date now and have tried it on multiple computers here and multiple browsers IE, Chrome, Mozilla) with the same issue of field information not saving.

It only happens on the front end when a vendor is logged in and trying to create a new product and a required field is missed.

We run Breezing Forms on our site without the issue and we don't see it happening in the shopping cart.

Can you be of any help or give us any thoughts on what to try?

6 years 4 months ago #284946

Hello,

Please, be sure to be up to date with the latest version of HikaShop and HikaMarket.
If the problem persist ; please first perform a test in the demo website to check if you can reproduce the problem there.

Please understand that we cannot reproduce your issue.
Now ; if you have a problem with HikaMarket, I suggest you to open a thread in the HikaMarket section of the forum.
But, because we can't reproduce the issue ; you have to provide all the details to be able to reproduce it. That's why I asked you to perform a test in the demo website ; that you did not performed regarding your last messages.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 4 months ago #284973

We have already updated everything (as stated in our last message) and already tested the demo site (as stated two messages ago) so guess we'll start a new thread in Hikamarket and see if we can get suggestions on what to try to resolve the issue.

6 years 4 months ago #284974

Hello,

If you do not have the same issue in the HikaShop backend while creating a new product ; we can consider that it's just an issue related to HikaMarket.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds