Best way to update Hikashop

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 4 months ago #284099

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1

Hello,
I will be updating HikaShop and I wanted to know if there is a way of doing so where my settings will not be changed? I have done so in the past and it messed up the layouts that were established. What can be done before the update to ensure this goes smoothly? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #284102

Hello,

I'm not sure to understand fully your question.

Regarding the update and the settings ; please read the third point of our FAQ :
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.html

About the layouts ; if you're using view overrides (and language override, css overrides) and not modifying core files ; there is no chance that you will loose your modifications.
A minor update is going smoothly since it is a minor update and do not change the lot of things in HikaShop and its behavior.
But, if you performed a major updates ; like HikaShop 2.x > 3.X ; it would be sure that a lot of things would change since it has been a major release with a lot of modifications.

And in any case ; when you want to perform an update. You should always perform a backup and it's best to do a test update in a pre-production website first.
Thanks to that, you got a good environnement, have time to perform tests and be able to do the update on the production website afterwards.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds