Tax depending on main product

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #284246

ich weiss wie man zwei verschiedene Steuerarten zuordnen kann . LAgerorte mit ermässigten und normalen Steuersatz habe ich auch angelegt.
Nun weiß ich nicht mehr ich habe Produkte mit 7 % Mwst und 19 % Mwst die ich versende. DIe Steuer des Versandes richtet sich ja nach den Hauptprodukt. ALso wenn ich ein Produkt mit 7% versende dann sind die Versandkosten auch mit 7% zu versteuern.
WIe kann ich das im Shop einrichten ?

VIelen Dank für Eure Hilfe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 3 months ago #284261

Hi,

I'm not clear. What happen then when you have some products with a tax rate of 19% and at the same time some products with a tax rate of 7% in your cart. What should be the tax rate of the shipping method ?

6 years 3 months ago #284337

Hi

I know how to assign two different types of taxes. I have also created storage locations with reduced and normal tax rate.
I have products with 7% VAT and 19% VAT I ship. The tax of shipping is determined by the main product. So if I ship a product with 7% then the shipping costs are taxed at 7%. With 19 % VAT the shipping taxes should be also 19 %
How can I set this up in the shop?

6 years 3 months ago #284338

nicolas wrote: Hi,

I'm not clear. What happen then when you have some products with a tax rate of 19% and at the same time some products with a tax rate of 7% in your cart. What should be the tax rate of the shipping method ?

Hello Nicolas,

i hope you understand

It will be interisting when goods with different VAT classes are in one package, for example a book and a DVD.
Then, depending on the value of the goods, the respective VAT rate of the goods should be applied pro rata to the packaging and shipping costs. To stay with our example book / DVD: If the book is worth 60% and the DVD 40%, the shipping costs must be split: For 60% is the 7% VAT rate and 40% of the 19% VAT rate.

Best regarts

Oktavian

6 years 3 months ago #284360

Hi,

In that case, it will be complex to do that.
When you create a manual shipping method via the menu System>Shipping methods, you have a "tax category" setting. So you can select ONE tax category for the shipping method.
Hence, the tax rate that will be use for the shipping method fees will depend on that tax category and not the tax categories of the products in the cart.
So having the shipping method fee taxed at the pro rata of the products in the cart is not possible with only one shipping method for the whole cart with the current system.
The only solution would be to create 2 warehouses, assign the products with a 7% tax rate to one warehouse and the ones with a 19% tax rate to the other one, and then create two sets of shipping methods, one for each warehouse, and then in each shipping method you would select the tax category for the corresponding tax rate.
That way, on the checkout, if you have some products at 7% and some at 19%, the shipping method selection will be split into two shipping methods selections, one for each warehouse, and thus the shipping fees will have the correct tax rate for each group of products.
The downside of that method is that in such case, you have 2 shipping fees added to the cart. If you're shipping methods use a percentage instead of a fixed price, or if they use the "shipping price per product" system then it's not a problem, but for fixed price shipping methods, that means that in such case, the shipping fees will be doubled.

6 years 3 months ago #284391

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your help. That with the tax on the shipping method now works see Attachments PDF.
But why are there two types of shipping now? It would only take the one from 300g. So 2.60 euros and this be divided into 7% and 19%.

Thanks Oktavian

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Oktavian.

6 years 3 months ago #284395

HI,

Unfortunately, the invoice / order no tax reported what am I doing wrong?
As you can see, the total shipping costs are indicated in both shipping methods. But there would only have to be 2.60 as it is over 300 g and this would have to be in proportion 7% VAT and 19% VAT distributed depending on the value of the goods with 7 or 19% VAT.

Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #284410

Hi,

That's normal that you get two shipping methods. That's what I said in my previous message. That's the only solution which doesn't require any coding.

6 years 3 months ago #284440

Ok Nicolas

How about the solution with the coding

Thanks

6 years 3 months ago #284447

Hi,

In that case, you can develop a plugin of the group "hikashopshipping" and implement the trigger onShippingDisplay(&$order, &$rates, &$usable_methods, &$errors).
You need to configure the plugin to be the last one of the hikashopshipping group in your Joomla plugins manager. That way, it will be the last one to be triggered and the shipping methods will already be processed.
So you'll have all the shipping methods data used by the cart and the checkout in the array $usable_methods.
In there, you can recalculate the taxes of each shipping method based on the data of the cart in the object $order.
I think I would use the data in the $order->full_total->taxes array which contains the difference taxes applied to the cart.

6 years 3 months ago #284511

HI Thanks for the answer. We can i do it ? Or have you so one plugin ?

Regreds Oktavian

6 years 3 months ago #284512

HI
Another possibility would be to sell a product free of shipping. I made over overdrive from PER_UNIT the text incl. VAT plus shipping. I would just have to do something like that incl. VAT shipping free for the other goods group. How can I do this? This PER_UNIT is only there once so i can overdrive this once only
How can I do a second overdrive for the same?

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Oktavian.

6 years 3 months ago #284520

Hi,

1. If you're not a developer and ant someone to develop such custom plugin for you, please request a quote to our developer partners with a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

2. If you want to have a dynamic PER_UNIT, it's possible. We actually have a small tutorial on that here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/106-faq.html#tran
in the "I sell packed products, how can I change "each" text in the product page ?" section.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds