HikaShop Content Module

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #284344

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome

I have a HikaShop Content Module on my home page called "Front Page Category Scroller." How do I update the images in this HikaShop module?

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Jerome. Reason: Remove duplicate content

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 3 months ago #284356

Hi,

If you're using a HikaShop content module, then that module automatically takes the images of the products/categories displayed in it.
If you want to update the images, you need to edit these products/categories and change their images.
If you don't see a change after doing it, make sure that your cleared your website caching.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #284558

Thanks Nicolas. I'm still having issues here though... I have a phantom product category. There is an image that no longer exists in the backend of my website but it shows up at the end of my scroller gallery. That category itself doesn't even exist. Any ideas how I can get it to go away?

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 3 months ago #284588

Hi,

If a category image is listed in a HikaShop content module, then either you have some caching on the module preventing you from seeing the change, or the category is still there in the database.
Normally, the images are clikable on the listing. If the link doesn't output a 404 error, then the category was found by the system and it's not a caching issue.
I see that in your module, you have the id of the categories in the URLs.
So you can go in the categories listing of the backend, open a random category, and in the URL of the address bar, replace its id by the id of that "phantom category" from the URL in the module. Once you validate, you'll see the edit page of that phantom category and you can unpublish it.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds