How do save only confirmed status orders?

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 1 week ago #289753

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 65.0.3325.162

Under Orders > Orders Hika saves "All Statuses". On my site this creates a lot of database records that I don't need. Is it possible to setup HikaShop to keep/save only Confirmed orders?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 1 week ago #289758

Hello,

Even if you don't think they matters, you need to keep these orders.
You can use a plugin to "cancel" the "created" order after some time ; but every orders are important not just the "confirmed" one.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 1 week ago #289807

These don't appear to be what I would consider orders but rather carts that have never made it to PayPal checkout. I have dozens. Anyone that adds an item to a cart, clicks Proceed to Checkout and NEVER checks out or pays has this "order" or shopping cart saved. I don't understand the importance of these orders and you don't explain why they are critical.

Can I have only processed orders or orders that are paid saved?

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 1 week ago #289811

Hi,

You're wrong. Carts are stored as carts, not as orders.
If an order is created, it means that the customer went through all the checkout and clicked on the finish button of the checkout and was then redirected to the payment gateway.
If the order status is created and not confirmed, it means that upon arriving on the payment gateway, the customer didn't pay.

It is critical for HikaShop to convert a cart into an order before the redirection to the payment gateway.
Otherwise, the customer would be able to modify his cart while on the payment gateway and then you would have situations where the amount paid by the customer doesn't correspond to what is in the cart.
With an order, nothing can be changed by the customer after it is created so what HikaShop receives the payment notification from the payment gateway, it is guaranteed to match.

All ecommerce solutions work like that.

As Jerome said, you can potentially cancel the orders after a while.
You can even use a mass action to delete the created orders after a while.
But accounting wise, it's better to keep the created orders and change their status to cancelled. From the point of view of accounting, it's better to have incremental order_ids without holes so that if the administration checks your orders/invoices it's not suspicious.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds