XML Error

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #292540

nicolas wrote: Hi,

The login view is required if you want to use the address view.
The fact that the login doesn't work properly is because there is a problem with the user session, similarily to what the person in the other thread had.
So it means that there is a problem with how the server/website is setup preventing the session system of Joomla from working properly. Removing the login view is not a solution.

Hi Nicolas...

It seems odd that out of nowhere this would present an issue, but maybe it is also related to the other issues in my other thread that are still causing problems.

If I'm reading this correctly on the other thread...here is what my session settings are showing...

Session Handler - Database
Session Lifetime - 150
Shared Sessions - No

This hasn't changed from previous installs on HikaShop, and never was an issue before. With this new cart...what should it be set as?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 11 months ago #292573

Hello,

I just tested it and I was properly logged after using the login form through your checkout workflow, so can you give us more information about the issue that you are having so that we can test and debug it ? Thank you.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #292610

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

I just tested it and I was properly logged after using the login form through your checkout workflow, so can you give us more information about the issue that you are having so that we can test and debug it ? Thank you.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Mohamed,

Which site did you try? The live one or staging? The staging one is the site which is having issues...which are a ton of issues, so I'm unsure of which issue you were referring to.

On the staging site, as Nicolas noted, I pulled the login view out of the cart. People should be using the normal customer login on the main menu. This was due to losing the login session every time I went back to test more items into the cart. When I don't have that login view as part of the checkout in the new cart system you guys made...it works just fine.

The XML error seems to be gone...but that is because I updated to the newest version of HikaShop as you requested...problem is...

When I did that and also updated Joomla to the newest version, now I'm back to having ALL of the problems I stated here..

www.hikashop.com/support/forum/install-u...ml-error.html#292201

Now...it's all broken again and I cannot do anything. I need help with this as I cannot afford to pay companies the $2000+ dollars they want to look into it. I've already paid a company $700 (if I recall) to verify it was not a Joomla issue...and in this thread here...

www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...of-stuff.html#284941

Nicolas found it was a Post issue, and suggested I have someone make a patch to fix it, that's when I paid a company the $700 to look into it & verified it is NOT Joomla that is causing the problem, but HikaShop itself. Now when I came back in that same thread asking for help...I was informed you guys could look into it & fix it but I would have to pay you guys to do so.

I find it very astounding that I have to pay to fix something that has been verified an issue within the HikaShop install and not Joomla. Why should I have to pay to resolve this issue if it's because something within HikaShop that is causing it? I realize some others aren't having this issue...but I swear I saw other threads with this issue previously, unfortunately I cannot find those threads.

I'm BEYOND frustrated with this...to the point of abandoning HikaShop all together and going with a new store setup. Maybe it's just my inexperience in coding or being able to resolve these issues myself because I don't know programming...but you have to admit, going back and forth as much as I have on this issue for 6 months now with NO resolution yet everyone tells me it's because of HikaShop...makes one think about just flat out giving up.

5 years 11 months ago #292649

Hello,

Which site did you try? The live one or staging? The staging one is the site which is having issues...which are a ton of issues, so I'm unsure of which issue you were referring to.

I tested it through the staging website, and was able to log in using Hikashop login form from your checkout workflow.

I personally didn't asked you for money to fix your issue. In fact, I'm only asking for details so that I can properly reproduce your issue on your end, as I'm unable to reproduce that kind of issue on my end.
I can only fix your issues if I'm able to reproduce them to properly debug and fix it.

We can also understand your frustration, and we're trying to debug and fix your issue as fast as we can but we have to be able to reproduce it ourselves to properly debug it.

Another issue was that you have set the "Type" option of the "Address" step of your checkout workflow to "Billing" instead of Both, so your USPS shipping method wasn't able to retrieve your customer shipping address.

I'm now able to properly retrieve USPS shipping services.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #292936

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

I tested it through the staging website, and was able to log in using Hikashop login form from your checkout workflow.

I personally didn't asked you for money to fix your issue. In fact, I'm only asking for details so that I can properly reproduce your issue on your end, as I'm unable to reproduce that kind of issue on my end.
I can only fix your issues if I'm able to reproduce them to properly debug and fix it.

We can also understand your frustration, and we're trying to debug and fix your issue as fast as we can but we have to be able to reproduce it ourselves to properly debug it.

Another issue was that you have set the "Type" option of the "Address" step of your checkout workflow to "Billing" instead of Both, so your USPS shipping method wasn't able to retrieve your customer shipping address.

I'm now able to properly retrieve USPS shipping services.

Mohamed, sorry for the long delay...seems like life is getting more & more hectic lately...

I know you didn't personally ask, but it was informed to me that you guys offered a paid service in the other thread I had mentioned. I will go ahead & toy with it further...but now everything seems to be working.

I'm going to try to play with it more this week, and if it continued to work...I'm going to note down all the steps we did here, go back & copy what all you did on the new cart for the back end...then delete this staging site, clear all the cache's and re-upload the staging site, apply all these changes...and try again just to be safe.

Thank you Mohamed! I'll let you know what happens ASAP.

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by nicolas. Reason: fixing quotes

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #293037

Mohamed,

I toyed around with it and found a glitch which I mentioned earlier...

Every time I put something in the cart, and log in on the cart screen, if I go back to add anything, I'm logged out & lose whatever I originally put in my cart.

Due to this...I referred back to this post you made...

www.hikashop.com/support/forum/install-u...ml-error.html#292389

and read that thread, then I went and changed the session handling from database to PHP

NOW...when shopping, and using the login on the cart screen, if I were to go back to shopping...it logs me out of the cart when going to add things to the cart. When I go back to the cart, and sign in again, the original items I put in the cart, are gone, but whatever I just added in when I "continued to shop" are now in the cart at the quantity of what I originally had in there!

For instance, I go shopping and place 2 of any item in the cart first, go to the cart...log in. Now...I decide I want to add something else, and click the "continue shopping" button at the bottom of the screen. I then go select ONE more item of any kind, and go to my cart. I now have to log in again, and whatever the original items I placed are now gone...but there are now 2 of the second items I only selected 1 of...now in my cart.

Any ideas?

Also, I see Joomla 3.8.8 is now available...I did NOT update to that as I want to resolve this first.

5 years 11 months ago #293085

Hello,

I just tested it on your testing website, and I only had that issue once, but it's working fine after the second use of the "Continue shopping" button.
As Nicolas previously told you, it's a server issue (maybe even just an issue related to your testing website)

The data from the checkout page is properly sent to the server.
It's like the data is missing when it arrives to HikaShop on the server side and thus HikaShop just redisplay the page without changing anything.
There are several things you can try:
- try using the new checkout
- try changing the "session handler" of Joomla.
- try to copy that website on your localhost and see if you have the problem there. If no, then it could well be a server related issue.
- try deactivating the system plugins one by one and see if that changes anything.
- try switching to the default template and see if that helps

Using the Joomla configuration option "Cookie Path" should also help.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #293231

Mohamed,

Thank you again for all the help. I've tried all except the local host as I don't have the ability (or knowhow) to do that on my computer...still having that issue. So I'd like to try the cookie path which you mentioned...problem is...I have no idea how to do that or what I should put in there as I'm still trying to learn things about Joomla. Can you help me on that one?

Thank you

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Jerome. Reason: removing quote of quote of...

5 years 10 months ago #293270

Hello,

The problem is that we can't help you regarding Joomla options and server issues as we can't even reproduce it on our end, the best solution will probably be to directly contact your server manager or hosting company to have more information about it and to get it fixed.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds