Displaying a drop down list of shipping methods

• Thank you received: 3
5 years 7 months ago #297327

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 8.12
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox

In the shipping methods I selected and published 3: Hika Manual, CANPAR and Canada Post.

I would like the customer to be able to choose one of them. How can I do that?

Right now when on the checkout only the Hikashop manual shipping appears with No Charge, I have no idea how it got there. I could not find a link between the customer and this particular shipping method.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
5 years 7 months ago #297340

Hello,

You can have a look on this tutorial and this FAQ , that will able to check some configuration points and hope will help us to eliminate the most common forgetfulness.

You can provide your all your 3 Shipping settings page screenshot in order to check that nothing is missing or else, and don't forget to show the restriction part.

Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Philip.

5 years 7 months ago #297410

Thank you for your message. I read the documents you suggested.

I chose 3 methods of shipping and the plugins are installed and published.

I thought my problem was because I did not have weight and dimensions for the products, so I added them.

I was not sure where to tell the system what unis I was using. I put them I advanced settings dimensions and weight symbols (see screenshot)

I am sending you screenshot of all the Shipping plugins, the advance settings, and of the cart with the message I get.

I do not understand why I the system chose Manual Shipping and decided it was free?

I would like to have a drop down where the customer can choose his method of shipment.

• Thank you received: 13060
5 years 7 months ago #297417

Hi,

1. Indeed, weight and dimensions in the products are necessary, so it's a good thing you added them.

2. In each product, where you enter the weight and dimensions, you can select the unit you want to use. The default one when you create a new product will be the first one that you have in the weight/dimensions units setting of the HikaShop configuration.

3. I don't know why the manual shipping method is free. I would say it is because you didn't enter anything in the "price" field of the shipping mehtod but I can't see the field on your screenshot of that shipping method as Joomla's floating footer goes over it. So I'm not sure what you entered in that field. Please check that you entered an amount in it.

4. Regarding the canpar and canada post shipping methods, they don't appear because you didn't finish configuring them.
That's why you get these error messages on that screenshot: www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...kout2_2018-08-31.png
In this screenshot, you didn't enter the merchant id provided by the shipping plateform (you need to ask them how to get it if you don't have one) nor the zone (country) of your shop/warehouse address: www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...apost_2018-08-31.png
And in this screenshot, you didn't enter the warehouse information at all:
www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...anpar_2018-08-31.png

5 years 7 months ago #297475

Thank you very much.

Once I have entered weight, dimensions and filled the rest of the info for the shipping plugins I get the drop down.

By the way, just a comment on the Forum. When I click on preview I get a blank text area. Apart from that everything is fine.

• Thank you received: 13060
5 years 7 months ago #297490

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll have a look at that.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds