Quantity Does Not Change After Purchase

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297383

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10

I have a product where the quantity is 2, one was sold but it's still showing the quantity as 2.

Does the quantity only change if it's in a variant? If so, not everything that is on the site needs to use the Variant so how can I get the quantity to automatically change? It's important in order to keep track of stock.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 6 months ago #297393

Hi,

The stock is updated based on several things:
- if you have the option "Update the product stock on confirmed status" activated in the HikaShop configuration, the stock will only be updated after the order status is changed from "created" to "confirmed", after the order is paid. But if the order status is not changed because you have a problem with your payment gateway notifications of payment, then it won't happen.
- if that option is turned off, then the stock will be updated when the order is created.
- you want to check the settings of your order statuses in the menu System>Order statuses. If you don't use the standard statuses but custom statuses you created yourself, they need to be properly configured and it can get tricky.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297710

I tested what you suggested but something is not working for me.

I have "Update the product stock on confirmed status = YES". The stock was NOT updated because the status did not change to confirmed but the orders were paid for. The orders that are paid for are still showing the status as "Created".

Please kindly tell me how to get it to work this way and what I need to change, etc...

I would like the stock to be updated ONLY after payment is made, because customers don't always pay. Otherwise I will have to update the stock manually each time they don't pay.

I don't have any custom statuses.

Please see attached settings.

Thank you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by MyWorld.

5 years 6 months ago #297726

Hi,

Then the problem has nothing to do with the order statuses or the settings in the configuration.
This indicates that the payment plugin you're using is not receiving the payment notification from the payment gateway you're using.
That's a common issue with many payment methods. We've made a specific documentation you can follow regarding that issue for PayPal here: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
Note that most of the points there also applies to other payment methods.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297760

So just to clarify, you are saying that I DO NOT have to make any changes in Hikashop as this issue is with Paypal, the payment gateway that I'm using?

I just want to be sure as I have absolutely no idea where to start, from that long list, to get this issue fixed :(

I was thinking of going on the paypal community website to ask about the issue but I'm not even sure what to ask because the problem is not with the inventory it's because the "order status" is not changing from "created" to "confirmed", after the order is paid.

Thanks!

5 years 6 months ago #297768

Hi,

You do NOT have to make any modifications to the code of HikaShop.
However, it might come from one of the settings of the PayPal payment method in your HikaShop as listed in the documentation link I gave above. For example, if you have the "allow payment notifications" setting turned off, or the "enable validation mode activated" in the PayPal payment method, that would explain that you don't get the orders confirmed.

The PayPal community forum won't help much. If you want to ask help from the PayPa side, you should contact the PayPal merchant support and ask them why your website doesn't receive the payment notifications.
Note that they also have an area in your merchant account where you can check what's going on with the payment notifications:
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/ipn/in...messages-and-details
So it could be worth checking there too.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298214

Hi Nicolas,

Attached are the configuration of Paypal.

Do I need to change any of the items circled on the attached to make it work? Does my settings look ok?

I just want to make sure before I contact Paypal.

Thanks!

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 6 months ago #298222

Hello,

You might want to use the default settings for these.
So an order will become "cancel" when an invalid notification comes.
So an order will become "pending" when a pending notification comes.
So an order will become "confirmed" when a verified notification comes.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds