How to make (more complex?) filter

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 6 months ago #298972

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ijscomanvenlo.nl/index.php/webwinkel

I want to have a filter on the product listing of my webshop. This page: www.ijscomanvenlo.nl/index.php/webwinkel .

I have the following categories structure:

All products
Material
Cortenstaal
Aluminium
Gelakt staal
Roestvrij staal
Application (toepassing)
Tuinornamenten
Dieren
Interieur
Tuinmeubiliar

I want to create a filter:
• Which has 2 groups of check boxes groups. On for the 4 kinds of Material, one for the 4 kinds of Application.
• If no check boxes are ticked, all products should be listed
• If 1 material checkbox is ticked, all products in that material category should be shown
• If 2 material check boxes are ticked, all products in either of the 2 material categories should be shown. (So a logical OR)
• If 1 material check box is ticked and 1 Application check box is ticked, all products that satisfy both categories should be listed (So a logical AND)

A example (although with many more options) can be found here: www.coolblue.nl/laptops .

How can I do this in Hikashop?

Kind regards,

HUbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13060
5 years 6 months ago #298974

Hi,

You need to create two custom fields of the table "product", one for each checkbox group, via the menu Display>Custom fields.
In each custom field, you can enter all the possible values.
You can then select the values you want for each custom field in each product.
Then, you can create two filters of the type "checkbox" applying on these custom fields without any value (the values will be taken automatically from the custom fields).
Then, supposing that your menu item displays all your products, and that you have a HikaShop filter module (configurable via the Joomla module manager) configured to display these two filters on that menu item with the "force redirect" setting turned off, it should work like you want.

5 years 6 months ago #299034

I did as you told, but there are many settings possible in the custom field, the filter and the filter module. All thins I tried only gave the titles of teh filters on products listing page, but no check boxes. What shoudl I change?

Enclose screendumps of the relevant menus.

Regards,

Hubert

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13060
5 years 6 months ago #299037

Hi,

Your cusotm fields must be of the type checkbox or radio or single dropdown or multiple dropdown so that you can enter the values in the custom field settings and select the values you want for each product as explained in my previous message.
The method I described in my previous message won't work with text custom fields as they don't have values entered in their settings.
I suppose that this is why your filters didn't had any chekbox.

5 years 6 months ago #299092

It works. Solved.

Thnx.
HUbert

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds