how to have dynamic pricing based on a date?

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 2 months ago #302704

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

hi

how can i change my price based on the following?

1. change price based on a date. example. my price from jan 1 to 30 is 10 usd but will automatically change starting feb 1 at 12 usd. So if client orders at jan 29 but wants it delivered on feb 2., hikashop will inform buyer that the pricce will now be 12 usd since orice will have change on that day.

2. how can i idisplay 3 kinds of price on my product. original price, price on a specified date, price on a special day. for example price today is 10 usd but if you hav it delivered on feb 11 the price is 12 usd and if you have it delivered feb14,a special day, thei price is 15usd

my main issue is the price change on specail days. buyers buy it earlier but has it delivered on a special day. eventually i want the price to be dependent on the date of delivery

thanks

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by ronron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 2 months ago #302706

Hi,

1. The prices can be limited by date in your products. So you can add several prices to your products with start/end dates.
However, the price used is based on the current date. If you want the price to be used based on a date selected in a custom date field, you'll have to develop a plugin to dynamically change the price of the product based on that custom field value, like we do in the many plugins which change the price of the products based on custom fields that you can find on our marketplace.

2. Only the prices which apply on the current date are displayed. The others are discarded.
If you want to display them, you'll have to edit the file "listing_price" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views and load the other prices yourself with a MySQL query in order to display them too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds