Version upgrade query

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 11 months ago #306136

Hi Nicolas,

I hope you can bare with me on this I need to just say that I didn't set this installation of Hikashop up, I've taken it on from a previous developer who hadn't updated it in a long time, and in addition I've not got that much experience with Hikashop itself, so I having to learn from two angles, ie the ins and outs of Hikashop and what changes the previous developer made

So like you say, I think there are overrides, is that shown by the trash symbol in the columns? - see screenshot. Plus the email/s in question here here all say version 2.4.0, which is the version I have upgraded from.

The problem is, judging by the emails that are sent out, the previous developer designed the emails specifically, and if I turn the overrides off I guess I will lose the styling.

I do need to fix the order number issue fairly quickly though, so not sure I've got time to restyle emails right now.

So, I checked the code of the preload version and the $url looks like this:

$url = $data->order->order_number;

The same line in your screenshot looks like this
$url = $data->order_number = $data->cart->order_number;

The code for the order changed line looks correct and looks like this:
'ORDER_CHANGED' => JText::sprintf('ORDER_STATUS_CHANGED_TO', $url, $data->mail_status),

I'm not a coder, so just need to check on what to do next before I go an make things worse. Should I change the $url line to match the $url line in your screenshot?

What do you think? Hoping you can help me solve this.

Many Thanks

Duncan

DunxMax

The more we learn the less we know.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 11 months ago #306138

hi,

Without being a coder the simplest thing you can do is to copy/paste the code in the preload of the email into a notepad, delete the preload customization with the bin icon of the listing of emails and use the "preview" button of the email to check if you see any difference with the customization of the email and if it fixes the problem.
I'm quite sure that it will fix the problem and it's highly likely that it won't change the display of the email.
In old versions of HikaShop, when you were customizing the HTML version, the preload version would also be saved as override, even if it was not needed. So it's highly likely that the preload customization is not necessary.
You can always restore the override if you see that it messes with the email.

And yeah, if you change the line:
$url = $data->order->order_number;
to:
$url = $data->order_number = $data->cart->order_number;
in the preload you currently have, it will also probably fix the the problem. Again, that would have to be tested with the preview button.

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 11 months ago #306196

Hi Nicolas,

The first method worked. Thanks very much, you are an absolute star.

I think there's one more issue, which I'm going to check with the client today. I might be back if it's something I can't work out myself.

Once again many thanks.

Duncan

DunxMax

The more we learn the less we know.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds