Error after upgrade when customer purchases

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #304746

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.14
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : safari 10.1.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : "0 call to a member function get() on string"

"0 call to a member function get() on string"- is the error that appears when someone has successfully purchased anything from the store. They get the email, they are able to buy but instead of the final thank you page (return url) appearing, they get this error. I have a photo we can upload for you of the error a customer sent us. How do we fix it please?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 1 month ago #304748

Hi,

First, please activate the "error reporting" and "debug mode" settings of the Joomla configuration in order to get more information on that error and provide the addtional information you see on that screen.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #304809

This is getting even stranger. My customers are now receiving an email telling them their order was cancelled. When they get a notification from Hikashop about the cancellation, is says this, "Hello, A stripe notification was received with the status cancelled. The order is now cancelled. " and those are the first two lines but the payment was good, it shows as good in stripe (successful). We are using version 2 of Stripe payment. This has been happening since we did the last upgrade of Hikashop.

We also noticed that our coupon system (where people can get a discounted price) isn't working as it normally does. It usually has a correct count and we're absolutely certain that the count is off. It says it has had one use, but it's had several uses. This is new as this count was reliable prior to this always.

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by notnilla.

5 years 1 month ago #304818

Hi,

Wait, what happened to your initial error ?
Do you still have it ?
What about the error message with the debug activated ?

Regarding the payment notification email, I don't see how the customer could receive it. That email is sent to the email address you entered in the "payment notification email address" setting of the HikaShop configuration. Please double check.
Also, please note that you can check all the emails sent by HikaShop via the menu Customers>Emails history.

Regarding the fact that you get a cancelled notification, I wouldn't be able to say much besides the fact that it indicates that either the Stripe library used in the plugin returned some kind of error during the notification, or the charge object returned was marked as failed.
I've added some logging to the plugin.
Go here: github.com/HikaShop/hikashoppayment-stripe
Click on the "clone or download" button and download the zip of the plugin. Then, install it on your Joomla website and try again to reproduce the issue (or wait someone else to have the issue on your website). Then, check the end of the "payment log file" in the Hikashop configuration. It will provide debug information to help understand why the payment was marked as failed.

Regarding your coupon issue, I suppose that it's linked to your payment notification issue. If the order is cancelled, then the coupon wouldn't be counted as used. And then, if you change the status from cancelled to confirmed, that's not a standard workflow procedure so it's not counted either. It would if the order goes from created to confirmed.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #305062

Okay, I have a ton of information. All of this began after I uploaded the newest version. Everything had been working smoothly prior to that.

This might be overkill but I want to give you as much information as possible. I talked with Stripe for a number of hours. They are saying that there is something in the software which now is setting off Radar alarms and telling their system that all of our cards are high risk. We've been here for 24 years, our people aren't high risk. So the cards end up being declined or sent back because the systems aren't talking appropriate and then my people get sent an email that their order has been cancelled. I'll attach an email that shows that. What is interesting is in the email the URL of our site has been shortened. I noticed that, it's www.seleatherfest.com instead of secure.seleatherfest.com

I made a new user acct, made an order in test mode (stripes test api's and not the live ones) and got a page full of errors when I clicked the last button to finish the purchase. I'll attach that also. I have also attached the High Risk email I'm getting from Stripe.

There are payment logs and all sorts of debugging reports but it has information that I need to put somewhere secure. Does this help at all?

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by notnilla. Reason: adding more attachments.

5 years 4 weeks ago #305073

Hi,

1. Regarding the error at the end of the checkout, it indicates that HikaShop was not able to load the settings of the HikaShop group plugin and that the order that is created is changing the user groups of the customer.
I've added a patch on our end to avoid that.
Download again the install package on our website and install it on yours and it will add the patch and remove the error.

2. Regarding the Stripe payments, that's really strange as this payment plugin is not included in HikaShop.
So either you're using the plugin on our github or the stripe v3 plugin of our marketplace, and both would have to be updated manually if you want to update them by reinstalling the latest install package on your website.
So you're still using the old version of the stripe plugin you were using before the update of your HikaShop.
Either the issue is linked to the error at the end of the checkout (but I don't see why ?) and thus it will be okey after you add the patch of point 1, or I don't know why it would do that ? Now maybe updating the stripe plugin might help ?

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 weeks ago #305098

Thank you. I believe that fixed it. It's interesting though. When I uploaded Hikashop to reinstall, it wiped out the return url in the stripe plugin (we use version 2 from github). I put the address back in and I believe we're good to go. I test with test numbers and it worked and I had error reporting on maximum and it didn't throw any, we'll see what happens when we have a live transaction.

Thank you for all your help. You're the best.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 weeks ago #305177

deleting, no longer relevent.

Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by notnilla.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 weeks ago #305182

The other error message is gone now. I worked with Stripe and here is what they sent after the conversation:

"I dug into your account, and I see you're creating tokens but aren't using them to create charges. To resolve this, you or your developer will need to make an adjustment to your Stripe integration by adding code to use the tokens when making charges. Below is a link with more information on this:

stripe.com/docs/charges

And also for creating customer objects in your Dashboard, as your integration was doing before March 24th, you will want to also give them the API request for that:

stripe.com/docs/api/customers/create

If you're working with a third-party for your Stripe integration, I'd suggest reaching out to them directly for information on how to resolve this. They will be the experts when it comes to their own integration and will be able to offer you the best help here."

Please let me know where to go from here. We're nearing a critical point. Thank you, Catherine

5 years 4 weeks ago #305178

Hi,

The Stripe integration we made doesn't use tokens. If their API rejects charges without tokens when you have tokens configured in your merchant account, then it would be best they improve their error messages to say so.
And we do know their API documentation already. Please believe that we did read it a lot when we developed that plugin.
Well, the main point is that it's now working fine for you :)

Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 3 weeks ago #305198

No it isn't working at all for me. I'm dead in the water and haven't been able to take payments for two weeks. That's why I got that information and put it here. ALL order go through and then they are cancelled and no payment is taken. I'm dead in the water with nothing. Help!

5 years 3 weeks ago #305209

Hi,

Sorry, reading your message, I thought that it was now ok.
Well, if they say that the problem is that you have created tokens in your merchant account but that the integration you're using doesn't support tokens, I would suggest to remove the tokens from your merchant account.

Now the Stripe plugin we developed and is available on github do use the tokens:
- when a new user makes a payment via Stripe, it first creates the user with Customer_create using that token and then attachs the customer id from Stripe to the user in the HikaShop database, and finally it uses Charge_create with the customer.
-when a user comes back and already has a stripe customer id, a new source is added to it using the token and then the
Charge_create is done with the customer ID.
This works for other users using Stripe with HikaShop so I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. And on top of that, I just did a test with it on my end with the latest version and it works just fine.
If there is a problem with what the plugin does, then why would it happen only for you ? And if there is indeed a problem, then instead of just give links to their documentation, that we already know, it would be best if they could precisely tell you what is the problem with what the plugin does (they should have the logs of the transactions on their end allowing them to know exactly what is the problem).

• Hikashop Business
5 years 3 weeks ago #305236

Not sure what it is but I ditched Stripe. They were most unhelpful so this is closed. I'm processing with square now.

Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by notnilla.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds